What's new

Thunderdome!

Thunderdome!

• YES! THUNDERDOME! Two peeps enter, 1 man banned (for a day).

Votes: 79 77.5%
  • No. This is dumb...

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Meh, bacon, avocado sammich.

Votes: 16 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted Member

So the mods have been kicking an idea around. (Actually Grendel came up with it). :flipoff2:

What if in certain circumstances we settled our differences in THUNDERDOME!?

It would be a post, a poll post, where the two opposing would enter and make an argument via graphics, written and closing arguments. The mob would vote in the poll and determine a winner. The argument will be settled and the loser takes a forced DAY/S (tbd based on the troll/ offense) off!

Obviously this isn't a completely thought out plan, because IRATE... but we can improve on it as we go.

Thoughts?

Poll coming.

Mothfukkler I just posted the damned thread as instructed and here you are second guessing the process? Gawdammit!:flipoff2:

Edit: 1 day? Fuck that, 2 weeks with the ball gag, make them want to fight to win not just lay over and take a 1 day vacation. :homer:

Last edited:
How on earth will you enforce a closing argument and cut it off for people to read, judge, and vote? if there is one thing people who get fired up arguing on the internet CANNOT do it's shut the fuck up and leave it.

This will be an absolute shitshow, god I can't wait, bring it on!

How on earth will you enforce a closing argument and cut it off for people to read, judge, and vote? if there is one thing people who get fired up arguing on the internet CANNOT do it's shut the fuck up and leave it.

This will be an absolute shitshow, god I can't wait, bring it on!

Someone might have to MODERATE it I guess? :flipoff2:

how are people chosen to be in the thunderdome?

is it voluntary?

im kinda down...

am i about to get thrown into the thunderdome :confused:

i repent my troll ways!

:laughing:. Not for anything in this thread anyway. This concept was brought about as a way to settle the people that can't help but argue with each other and fuck up threads.

Totally for it because we can always throw that back in the losers face once they come back and keep up the stupid crap again.

I propose 48 hours for the debate/shit show. Then the poll opens for 24 hours. If the polls are open at the beginning, the debate won't have as much meaning.

Edit-- Oh, and I like the 2-week sentence.

Kinda hoping for cage matches but I'll wait for this to play out the first time before building an octagon.

I was originally thinking something where you have to make donations to a charity to "vote" - whoever raises the most money gets band. Kinda like a reverse gofundme - gofuckme?

I propose 48 hours for the debate/shit show. Then the poll opens for 24 hours. If the polls are open at the beginning, the debate won't have as much meaning.

Good points all around especially about the voting. Make them argue it out and then decide their fate.

I like that idea.

What happened to your THUNDERSOME idea??? :flipoff2:

It's in progress... I wanted to see the IBB response before we went off all half cocked. Plus, ultimately it's up to Austin and the rest of the mods. I just work here. :flipoff2:

Anything to cork these crustly old vag's up even for a little while. :flipoff2:

Is this a mail in voting system or do I have to show identification?:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh