woods

I probably did it wrong.
Member Number
20200830_144813.jpg
20200830_144822.jpg
20200830_144837.jpg
b
20200830_144847.jpg

Been sitting in the loft since we bought the place. Guy that lived here was a big shot drag racer. Had a Mercury something. He was very meticulous so I know he took care of it. I'm sure it shifts, but I have no idea. This thing just scrap? Hate to toss it if it was worth something to someone.

Without knowing what all is in it it's hard to say but a rebuilt C4 ought to be worth a few hundred bucks.

Without knowing what all is in it it's hard to say but a rebuilt C4 ought to be worth a few hundred bucks.

Wow, that much? I was thinking a case of beer. :laughing:

Big hang up though, is that not knowing anything about it. :homer:

"Removable bell housing c4"

You could probably sell it in a weekend for $250 or sell it in 90 days for $400+ all the mustang and 60s 70s Ford's are your key words
Don't quote me on my prices, research the current market, the guy that NEEDS that is going to have a hard time finding one, but most guys don't need it.
if there's more old ford stuff stashed there, list it all at once, and make package deals

Based on the surface rust on the input shaft, that trans needs to be gone through again. It clearly wasn’t stored right and it’s value is likely gonna end up being for a rebuildable core.

"Removable bell housing c4"

You could probably sell it in a weekend for $250 or sell it in 90 days for $400+ all the mustang and 60s 70s Ford's are your key words
Don't quote me on my prices, research the current market, the guy that NEEDS that is going to have a hard time finding one, but most guys don't need it.
if there's more old ford stuff stashed there, list it all at once, and make package deals

mmk. I'll toss it up for $300 and see what happens. thanks man.

Based on the surface rust on the input shaft, that trans needs to be gone through again. It clearly wasn’t stored right and it’s value is likely gonna end up being for a rebuildable core.

Yea, it was in the loft when we got here. No idea how long its been sitting for. :homer:

Yea, it was in the loft when we got here. No idea how long its been sitting for. :homer:

Yeah, I’d be real nervous to sell that as anything more than a core. The seals are likely dried out and the rust is going to guarantee a quick death. Way too much raw metal inside that has seen moisture.

Yeah, I’d be real nervous to sell that as anything more than a core. The seals are likely dried out and the rust is going to guarantee a quick death. Way too much raw metal inside that has seen moisture.

I do sell it, it'll be full disclosure. If I get a case of beer out of it, I'd be cool with it.

If it is cast iron it is a Cruise-O-Matic which uses the same insides as the aluminum housed C-4

Last edited:
If it is cast iron it is a Cruise-O-Matic which uses the same insides as the aluminum housed C-4

Almost like the paperwork says:flipoff2:

I paid $400 for one that looked similar and had paperwork from a rebuild 4 years earlier hoping the seals would be fine. It works great.

Alright. Well, I tossed it up for $350. Eh, see what happens. Leave it there for a bit. Buddy of mine rolls a 10 second Corvette so I asked him to put the word out.

Pic of Vette, because cool:
71500545_100977707977569_783099222416162816_o.jpg

Thing was TRASHED when he got. Did every bit himself.

Got a guy coming this Saturday to get it for, and I'm not joking, tree fiddy.

Now just see if he shows.

I gotta think that if the previous owner was a drag racer and he left it in the loft, he left it there for a reason. Probably not worth much.

What a god damned cluster fuck this fucking fuck turned into.

Guy shows up 1.5h early. That's great, I'm awake and only 10m away. Load it up, and there he is. He drove, 160 MILES to get this thing. And holy fuck, this dude is FROM THE WOODS. No teeth, can't understand him, Dodge is totally clapped out, and I'm certain that family tree doesn't have many branches.

Offers $300 and I take it. Go on our way, and that's that.

Working around the yard, get a call about 3h later.

YAWP, THIS THANG AIN'T GOT NO THRAWTLE BAWDY.

I'm thinking, throttle body?

Valve body?

Yawp. Ain't naw good. Needs a valve bawdy. Worth abawt fitfy dawlars. I'll take sawm pic-chaws.

Caught me off guard. I don't know what to do. I just want the fucking thing gone anyways. I would have taken a case of beer. I don't think he's trying to pull a fast one? Maybe? But I don't get that sense he is. I didn't have it in me to say too fucking bad. Iunno, just didn't feel right doing it. So, he asked if I could send $250 back. I agreed.

Well this fucking guy has left three voicemails in an hour asking when I'm going to be able to mail it out. I'm in a tree waiting for deer, I don't fucking know.

So looks like I'm mailing him back a check. Probably a dumbass move on my part, but I've got his place up on Google street view; guy needs it way more than I do. :homer:

And that's my story. Can't complain too much. I've been selling stuff for years online, and this is the second time that something like this has happened. Oh well.

Nope. No way would I be sending him $250 back.

I’ve been fooled too many times with this exact same shit. Did you sell it as a “I have no info on it”?

Tell him to bring it back in the condition it left and you’ll give him a full refund

Last edited:
Reactions: DMG
Top Back Refresh