What's new

The wedgy

Added some plates on the neck to tie into the inside of the channel. Got the jacks on and they seem to be working decent empty. Also replaced the front tube(s) crossmember with a single piece.

Stupid face won't delete....
image_6964.jpg
IMG_20200603_195208.jpg

:(

Last edited:
Towed this thing around for the first time today. Had to take the 4runner to the mechanic shop so I figured it was a good excuse.

No where near capacity, but it tows very nice, surprisingly stable even with a horrible crosswind. Tracks pretty well also. Now that it's empty, it be surprised if it weighs much over 2500lbs. Going to get it weighed now.

Did you watch to see if the gooseneck was flexing at all?

Not really, those goose necks are rated for 30k lbs, so I'm very confident what I have is as strong or stronger than the frame it's connected to.

If it was going to flex, a 4500 lb 4runner probably wouldn't be a good test.

some expanded metal under the rear of the 4runner in the empty space of the bottom behind the jacks would be a great spot to put some camping gear etc

some expanded metal under the rear of the 4runner in the empty space of the bottom behind the jacks would be a great spot to put some camping gear etc

I think it has room for a quad or maybe even a small dirt bike.

There is definitely a lot of potential for lots of options.

Not really, those goose necks are rated for 30k lbs, so I'm very confident what I have is as strong or stronger than the frame it's connected to.

If it was going to flex, a 4500 lb 4runner probably wouldn't be a good test.

What I ment was if the frame was visibly flexing there the gooseneck was attached. I'm sure it's fine either way

Top Back Refresh