What's new

"the other place" history thread

who had their camper stolen and another memeber found it and stole it back...
A member lost a camper & another member (Big & gentle guy w/chainsaw) located it, local fuzz wasn't impressed on about removing it. Can't recall names offhand but those guys were at Cary's/thread-

Scott@Rockstomper welded up death wheels for his buggy and rototilled his lawn. :laughing:

1622129941460.png

bellydoc was a legit doctor out of AZ. started out with some booty fab but progressed to being a decent fab guy IIRC. he won a contest and raced koh i think.

the guy youre thinking of is moose. Wilson ended up with a sami he built.
He won the pirate4x4 MFS contest in 2010 and raced Camo's rig, the 4407. We had the 4405 that T-carp raced and that car on the team. Roggy actually drove the 4407 for most of the race.

I lead Bellydoc out of sledge to show him where the pits were to grab a part, and ended up blowing out my knee on a hot course. great times.....

You can see Pistol in the background sneezing in that one pic.

Attachments

• bellydoc.jpg
    bellydoc.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Bellydoc2.jpg
    Bellydoc2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 72
He won the pirate4x4 MFS contest in 2010 and raced Camo's rig, the 4407. We had the 4405 that T-carp raced and that car on the team. Roggy actually drove the 4407 for most of the race.

I lead Bellydoc out of sledge to show him where the pits were to grab a part, and ended up blowing out my knee on a hot course. great times.....

You can see Pistol in the background sneezing in that one pic.
alright, it's been years now...what in the fuck happened to MFS fab :confused:

why did they close up shop :confused:

they were doing big things it seemed like, had all the names and recognition...then poof gone. did they rip somebody off? just shit businessmen? big ego's? somebodies grandma got sick and they had to shut it down due to cancer?

alright, it's been years now...what in the fuck happened to MFS fab :confused:

why did they close up shop :confused:

they were doing big things it seemed like, had all the names and recognition...then poof gone. did they rip somebody off? just shit businessmen? big ego's? somebodies grandma got sick and they had to shut it down due to cancer?
I know one of the dudes that owned it(I think) died

I do not know the entire story/reasoning.... but the 2 guys running MFS just went their own ways. There was no drama, pissing match or anything AFAIK.

I was closer to Eric. Super cool guy. He was also a close friend to Camo. He ended up building a kick-ass Ultra4 car and started BandiToe racing. (named that since he got a infection in his toe in a messican hot tub and lost it.) He was supposed to share driving duties with Jeff Knoll one year at KOH, but then wrecked the car in pre-running.

Eric actually let me keep that car for a couple of months to do some 4x4 out-reach stuff at schools.

IMAG1590.jpg

He passed away a couple years back while coaching his kid's football team.

I won't pretend that we were super-close friends, we would just send each other random texts and do "man of leisure" pissing matches on facebook..... but I miss the guy a lot.

I do not know the entire story/reasoning.... but the 2 guys running MFS just went their own ways. There was no drama, pissing match or anything AFAIK.

I was closer to Eric. Super cool guy. He was also a close friend to Camo. He ended up building a kick-ass Ultra4 car and started BandiToe racing. (named that since he got a infection in his toe in a messican hot tub and lost it.) He was supposed to share driving duties with Jeff Knoll one year at KOH, but then wrecked the car in pre-running.

Eric actually let me keep that car for a couple of months to do some 4x4 out-reach stuff at schools.

IMAG1590.jpg

He passed away a couple years back while coaching his kid's football team.

I won't pretend that we were super-close friends, we would just send each other random texts and do "man of leisure" pissing matches on facebook..... but I miss the guy a lot.
interesting, certainly more info than i've seen about it. I remember all the banditoe racing stuff and they had a neat shop basically right down the street from my house. Went just a couple times kind of seeing what's going on. i know they had trout there for a very brief minute before he amicably split back off, then it wasn't long after that it just sort of poofed one day.

always wanted them to do well and succeed so it was odd there wasn't anything else to come out about the story. thanks for filling in the details :beer: :beer:

I remember he did have some kind of deal where if you bought a blue start he would send you a Banditoe Racing tee shirt.
He sent me one all the way to France and I still have it.

Stand up dude.

I
2BB's cartoon drawing of MikeW's adventures with mom & a ladder - I almost pissed myself laughing :lmao:

I wish i could take credit for the drawing but i just reposted it at every opportunity.

The guy had some mental issues and a rough life being def but man did he do himself no favors. I offered him a plane ticket and a job and a place to crash when he was down, i drove an hour out of my way to confront an ebay seller that never shipped his screwdrivers, and verious other favors and he never thanked me once.... and when i hinted at all the favors i had done for him he acted like it was owed to him because he was a "pirate". So F-U, heres the pic ove your mom in the vegetable garden again

A member lost a camper & another member (Big & gentle guy w/chainsaw) located it, local fuzz wasn't impressed on about removing it. Can't recall names offhand but those guys were at Cary's/thread-
Rttoy he’s here I think, spends a lot of time on two wheelers. His wife was Rt’stoy :grinpimp:

Great thread. That was a fun read through memory lane.:flipoff2:

I dont have too much to add that hasn't already been said, but there were definitely some really great tribute threads. The one that stands out to me was the PBBer who lost his child and sent out hundreds if not thousands of stamped pennies in his memory to be placed all over. I'm pretty sure I've got one in Uwharrie National park and one on a tree over looking a duck hunting pond that has an awesome few of a sunrise.
Shellez was his pirate handle. Nyle was his son. At one point he had a website setup where he would mail out the pennies. I still have a couple of the pennies in my hunting pack

Brimmstone was the huge guy with a chainsaw in his profile pic. Is 6'8" or something.

Who were the walking sticks for? They got shipped around and signed off on by a lot of people and then got lost in the mail.

Brimmstone was the huge guy with a chainsaw in his profile pic. Is 6'8" or something.

Who were the walking sticks for? They got shipped around and signed off on by a lot of people and then got lost in the mail.
Waits for Arti to come in and boast a 6'9" reference.:flipoff2:

iirc they were for both Nyle and Kayla

How about when Camo mouthed off that there needed to be more dead police officers and Lance had to finally come in and shut that shit down. Then I think Cano came back and said he was going to make a donation to a fund for cops or something.

Last edited:
My stolen dog fj60 post was my best use of chit chat. The help and ideas I received made getting Galaxie and the fj60 back a Reality. I wish I would have saved the whole 100 page thread.
20 years of my drunken life, rock crawling, fabricating and fornicating were spent there.

I remember this clearly. My wife and I were vacationing in the area right after and I remember keeping my head on a swivel hoping to see LExi or the FJ60. It was Lt1 swapped iirc
Yes Lexi, “Mohr OHI’s go gettem Galaxie” she is now a 3x ufta champion, whelped a great litter of frozen seman pups from NFC Lb OHI SHAMLESS.
Because of Galaxie and the people she introduced me to and places she took me got sober 6 years ago, met my wife and daughter, helped get a dog in the UFTA hall of fame, and shot wild birds in many states.
She will be 9years old in a couple weeks. Absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me. I got one of Galaxie’s litter mates “Bullet” 2 years after she was stolen. He is the dog my wife can’t live without.

Glad to hear things are going so well for you.

Pretty sure that was LucasFury, before he moved to Japan.
Whatever happened to him? Does anyone keep in touch with him?

Rattlecan. I really enjoyed his stories, one hell of a writer!
X2. I really enjoyed his stories and thought he was a standup LEO

who had their camper stolen and another memeber found it and stole it back or something along those lines?
Rttoys and I found it (I can still remember the comical phone call). We have known each other for years and I had camped with him more than I can remember. Hell, I spent many nights in that camper. I was just driving down the tollway on my way out of town. I crested a hill and looked over to see it sitting right there at the same time my wife did. It was mind boggling. The police were absolutely worthless and wouldn't do anything. Brimmstone showed up a week or more later and called the police. He was a little more persuasive shall we say and got the police to at least reover it. Sadly it was in such bad shape that it wasn't worth getting back. By that time Rttoys had been paid by insurance and already had his new toyhauler so it belonged to insurance. He was supposed to be able to go get some sentimental items, but I believe they hosed him on that.

Top Back Refresh