What's new

NSFW The *official* D.R.T thread

Eh, could go either way. Mask sure does seem to point in that direction though. Around here you occasionally see people just riding ATVs and shit because fuck it. Guy on my street rides a dirt bike. :laughing:

Regardless, the cop has no way of knowing either way. Riding down the street on an ATV with no helmet shouldn't be a death sentence at the hands of a cop.
Not a street. That is a designated walking path dipshit. Hence the lack of cars and large number of pedestrians. :homer:

Cop should be punished somehow for turning a nothingburger of a "driving something that isn't a motor vehicle on the road" ticket into a car crash. But I guess needless escalation is what they're paid to do so he'll probably get a pat on the back for that one.
Cop did the right thing here. No doubt about it. He's a hero.
Regardless, the cop has no way of knowing either way. Riding down the street on an ATV with no helmet shouldn't be a death sentence at the hands of a cop.
Doesn't matter if it's stolen or not, has nothing to do with the decision of the cop.
You can't even begin to guess why the cop did the right thing here, can you?
Someone else posted a clue. Read it and think it over.

Not a street. That is a designated walking path dipshit. Hence the lack of cars and large number of pedestrians. :homer:
I didn’t even catch that, I thought cop was being a dumbass and blocking the road for no reason and caused the accident. Thought the cop was turning around to check out whatever the blacked out thing was on the left side.

not stolen

somehow not dead!

An ATV driver suffered serious injuries after crashing into a police cruiser in New Haven, Connecticut, on Sunday, police officials said.
Police said officers were patrolling the city’s East Rock Park around 3:40 p.m., following reports of ATV riders using Farnam Drive to access the park — a road that’s been only open to pedestrian traffic since 2020.
The officers had been part of a team assigned to dirt bike/ATV detail, in the hopes of addressing ongoing complaints of riders driving recklessly around the city.

SEE IT: Miami TSA catch man hiding snakes in his pants

Once on Farnam Drive, officers noticed an ATV driving fast on the same road, heading in the direction of multiple pedestrians.
In footage of the incident, the officer operating the cruiser slowed down and angled the vehicle to block the lane where the families had just passed. Police said the position of the cruiser also allowed the ATV driver to move to the side and pass.
Instead, the oncoming ATV driver lost control and struck the front passenger side window of the cruiser, the video shows.
NewHavenPoliceDepartment6.jpg
(New Haven Police Department)
NewHavenPoliceDepartment5.jpg
(New Haven Police Department)
The driver was transported to a hospital with serious injuries, according to police.
Child killed, another injured after bounce house swept up by wind
“This is an unfortunate and stark reminder of the extreme dangers of illegal ATV and dirt bike riding on city streets, both for pedestrians and the operators of the vehicles themselves,” New Haven Police Chief Karl Jacobson said in a statement Tuesday.
“While we’re glad the family was protected from harm, what happened to the driver is tragic, and we hope for his complete and speedy recovery and we urge the public not to engage in this type of activity,” Jacobson said.

Even if a walking/biking path, even if cop was in the right, even if atv-er was a douchecanoe, ...

Still a bad judgement on cops part to turn a minor infringement into a death sentence.
Exactly. And worse judgement for idiots to knee jerk defend it because minor rules are being broken. Because that's the kind of thinking that gets us swat teams driving APCs into houses because "there might be pot".
heading in the direction of multiple pedestrians... where the families had just passed.
I knew they were gonna go for this angle. As if the ATV driver can't hit the brakes same as any other driver. :shaking:
“This is an unfortunate and stark reminder of the extreme dangers of illegal ATV and dirt bike riding on city streets, both for pedestrians and the operators of the vehicles themselves,” New Haven Police Chief Karl Jacobson said in a statement Tuesday.
The big danger seems to be the cops might cause an accident on purpose because "how dare you". :laughing:

I knew they were gonna go for this angle. As if the ATV driver can't hit the brakes same as any other driver. :shaking:
His brakes didn't seem effective at the speed he was going. I think he could see the police vehicle in the way sooner than he would have seen the people on the road. He didn't have enough time to react and stop for the cop, he likely wouldn't have had enough time to avoid the people safely. That seems like a place that kids could shoot out of nowhere because there's no motorized vehicles...

ATV was driving like a dickhead in a place that ATVs aren't allowed...

Arse, you sure you wouldn't rather live in India?

His brakes didn't seem effective at the speed he was going. I think he could see the police vehicle in the way sooner than he would have seen the people on the road.
We don't even know if it was a marked vehicle. Might have just been a white Ford with interior lights.
He didn't have enough time to react and stop for the cop, he likely wouldn't have had enough time to avoid the people safely.
Probably because he was planning on zipping by and fucking off quick rather than the cop causing a crash out of spite.
That seems like a place that kids could shoot out of nowhere because there's no motorized vehicles...
Pearl clutching. I don't see a lot of places for kids to be crossing or coming/going. I see a guardrail.
ATV was driving like a dickhead in a place that ATVs aren't allowed...
Would the cop have behaved the same way if it were a car? What about if it were a dude going half the speed on a mobility scooter or a tractor or some shit? The law doesn't make a distinction for ATVs and dirtbikes.

At the end of the day the cop turned something that's basically a matter of politeness (not annoying cyclists with your motor vehicle) and paperwork BS (reg, plates, etc) into a car crash. I get that being a jackboot is his job so he's more or less paid to do that but regardless, fuck him.

If the cop didn't block the walking path, the ATV rider would have gone right by him at Mach 4. He wouldn't have stopped. He knows he isn't supposed to be riding there, so he would have run from the cops. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

I've been that guy, and I ran from the cops on my dirtbike 30+ years ago. I wasn't riding in a city park though past people.

Last edited:
Even if a walking/biking path, even if cop was in the right, even if atv-er was a douchecanoe, ...

Still a bad judgement on cops part to turn a minor infringement into a death sentence.

On the one hand I agree.

On the other...play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

We don't even know if it was a marked vehicle. Might have just been a white Ford with interior lights.

And the idiot wouldn't think it strange for a car to be on a bike/pedestrian path? Parked across the path?

What about if it were a dude going half the speed on a mobility scooter or a tractor or some shit? The law doesn't make a distinction for ATVs and dirtbikes.

Mobility scooters can go 20 MPH+? Tractors aren't allowed on that path either.

Dude was going at least 40. Some little 2-3 year old decides to step away from mom or dad as this asshat is screaming by and he/she is dead.

Not sure it was the best move by the cop, but the crash wouldn't have happened if the asshat hadn't broken the law.

And the idiot wouldn't think it strange for a car to be on a bike/pedestrian path? Parked across the path?
The fuck point are you trying to make? The ATV driver didn't expect the cop to turn right the fuck in front of him.
Mobility scooters can go 20 MPH+? Tractors aren't allowed on that path either.
My point is that of all the vehicles that aren't supposed to be there it were almost anything other than an ATV/dirtbike many of the brain dead idiots who fully support the cop's actions would not do so. They only think the cop is right because "hurr durr, ATV bad". These people and their beliefs are evil and I mean that 100% They are doing the exact same justification of inequality under the law bullshit the left brain morons do when they excuse a woman or a black person for shit they want to see a white man locked up for.

The cop was a little excessive but whatever. Cops doing cops shit. The cheerleaders and enablers are the real evil.

Dude was going at least 40. Some little 2-3 year old decides to step away from mom or dad as this asshat is screaming by and he/she is dead.
That's not a guaranteed outcome in the same way it wasn't guaranteed the driver was gonna survive the cop causing a crash.

Not sure it was the best move by the cop, but the crash wouldn't have happened if the asshat hadn't broken the law.
Ah, yes. Because one minor infraction is a blank check for agents of the state to do whatever the fuck they want. :shaking:

Fuck off with that. I hope you catch a DUI for getting rear ended at a stop light while over the limit or get beat into the hospital because some cop doesn't like your attitude during a traffic stop.

The fuck point are you trying to make? The ATV driver didn't expect the cop to turn right the fuck in front of him.

You're stating it may have been unmarked.

I'm stating that this idiot knew he was breaking the law and very likely knew someone turning in front of him was a cop.

The cop was a little excessive but whatever. Cops doing cops shit. The cheerleaders and enablers are the real evil.

I don't think it was the right thing to do. I also think the asshat on the ATV could have slowed down long before he hit the brakes.

That's not a guaranteed outcome in the same way it wasn't guaranteed the driver was gonna survive the cop causing a crash.

Agreed.

There is one way to guarantee an outcome where no one was injured. Asshat on the ATV could have obeyed the law.

Ah, yes. Because one minor infraction is a blank check for agents of the state to do whatever the fuck they want. :shaking:

Fuck off with that. I hope you catch a DUI for getting rear ended at a stop light while over the limit or get beat into the hospital because some cop doesn't like your attitude during a traffic stop.

Hugs and kisses to you too. :flipoff2:Once a Masshole, always a Masshole.

I never said it was a blank check. Just said play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

George Floyd might be alive today (other than another OD) if he hadn't passed counterfeit cash and taken enough drugs to kill an elephant.

Life is about choices. Asshat on the ATV chose to break the law. Asshat in the cop car likely was not choosing to injure the other asshat but also made a bad choice in doing what he did.

Because one minor infraction is a blank check for agents of the state to do whatever the fuck they want. :shaking:
May I ask if you're the one getting traffic tickets constantly..?
Sounds like a bootlicker to me if you do pull over and engage in conversation(s) & trade papers.

Just fight back, you know, fisticuffs. Pretty sure you will get widespread acclaim on here/the rest of the world for being alive in those moments when your heart is conscious of your treasure(s)- :flipoff2:

There is one way to guarantee an outcome where no one was injured. Asshat on the ATV could have obeyed the law.
I don't agree with these sorts of "comply harder" opinions even if they are a practical solution most of the time because if followed consistently you wind up complying with bullshit that shouldn't be complied with.

I never said it was a blank check. Just said play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

George Floyd might be alive today (other than another OD) if he hadn't passed counterfeit cash and taken enough drugs to kill an elephant.
Yup. Shit can escalate quick.

May I ask if you're the one getting traffic tickets constantly..?
It's been years since I've gotten anything but a warning as a result of a fishing stop.
Sounds like a bootlicker to me if you do pull over and engage in conversation(s) & trade papers.
Fight smarter not harder. Not gonna live long enough to do heinous shit to someone really deserving if I lash out at some random cog in the machine.

Top Back Refresh