What's new

NSFW The *official* D.R.T thread

I don't agree with these sorts of "comply harder" opinions even if they are a practical solution most of the time because if followed consistently you wind up complying with bullshit that shouldn't be complied with.

So let's take this specific example and extrapolate it.

No motorized vehicles on a pedestrian/bike path is stupid, according to you. Or "complying with bullshit that shouldn't be complied with."

So how about we start allowing pedestrians in the road, on the highways, wherever because motorized vehicles aren't really that dangerous to pedestrians. Not even getting into the stupidity of bike lanes and all the Lance Armstrong wannabes.

Talking this specific case, not others. Not talking about the cop pulling a stupid stunt. Just the fact that an ATV doing 40+ on a pedestrian/bike only path.

So let's take this specific example and extrapolate it.

No motorized vehicles on a pedestrian/bike path is stupid, according to you. Or "complying with bullshit that shouldn't be complied with."
No ATV on the bike path or road makes sense on face value but every rule has exceptions. Plenty of official unofficial trails around here where you're gonna run concurrent with or on the road or a rail trail for a bit to link up segments of power line road and whatnot. I don't think that's what this guy was doing in this case but it's a lot more gray than "just follow the rules"

And I think he was going too fast but the other traffic (pedestrians and bikes) was way back there than the cop he was on an empty road so who am I to complain about his speed.

Geez, folks.

The cop saved the lives of that family you saw on the road right before he put his car in the path of the oncoming ATV.
Had the cop not done that, the ATV rider would have plowed into the family, including the child in the stroller(blacked out rectangle).

It's not about saying fuck you for breaking the law, not at all. It was about protecting that family.

Holy fuck. I forgot what thread this was. Thank you, Arps. For bringing us back.

1000004307.gif

Top Back Refresh