What's new

The inevitable snowball of all my projects.

4Runner needs new rear springs, picking up new used tires tonight, and the oil pressure gauge is half installed, I need a BSPT to NPT adapter.
Wheeler needs everything.
DD flatdeck is 2/3 built, and could use tires.
Dirtbike leaks oil.

I make good money but im a cheap ass..i usually stall when i try to go to crazy to fast and i start looking at the a thousand here and a thousand there...So now i pay my project fund every week so my simple brain doesnt get sticker shock cause you know ive been putting in so much every week. Its fuckin weird.

4x4 has a blown head gasket (exh to coolant), needs cv shafts, window motor and a new master...to expensive to make faster...its a huge PITA to do a head gasket in a 5.4 so maybe engine swap it...if im gonna engine swap it lets do a doubler..then SAS ton swap on 40s...then its too squishy to haul hay and it worthless for farm work..

jetta is a econo shit box that i routinely go over my oil changes on.

corolla (gfs) needs to go in the gutter, its not bad but we are both tall..its just shit

the dakota . i used it for gambler 500 (ozarks) ONCE and now it just sits up next to the fence...it needs a driver side window after jumping it and the cab is bent

The bike is fine...but i want new rearsets and its time to buy a new helmet\

the 67 is currently being worked on...after i just took a 13 year break

theres a 68 im being real resistant on taking delivery on

Edit: projects ive owned and never finished. I had a apche, a rx7, two different toyotas at the same time (79 and a 88). I also had a king cab nissan

This is a strategy I need to take up.

A 7th grade shop teacher (wood class) put emphasis on having a backup plan, I try to follow his code to this day...

...and I have a few projects but will (eventually) sell the CB650 & Ranger so I can focus on the Toyota :stirthepot:

I make good money but im a cheap ass..i usually stall when i try to go to crazy to fast and i start looking at the a thousand here and a thousand there...So now i pay my project fund every week so my simple brain doesnt get sticker shock cause you know ive been putting in so much every week. Its fuckin weird.

4x4 has a blown head gasket (exh to coolant), needs cv shafts, window motor and a new master...to expensive to make faster...its a huge PITA to do a head gasket in a 5.4 so maybe engine swap it...if im gonna engine swap it lets do a doubler..then SAS ton swap on 40s...then its too squishy to haul hay and it worthless for farm work..

jetta is a econo shit box that i routinely go over my oil changes on.

corolla (gfs) needs to go in the gutter, its not bad but we are both tall..its just shit

the dakota . i used it for gambler 500 (ozarks) ONCE and now it just sits up next to the fence...it needs a driver side window after jumping it and the cab is bent

The bike is fine...but i want new rearsets and its time to buy a new helmet\

the 67 is currently being worked on...after i just took a 13 year break

theres a 68 im being real resistant on taking delivery on

Edit: projects ive owned and never finished. I had a apche, a rx7, two different toyotas at the same time (79 and a 88). I also had a king cab nissan

I have a project fund too. That's the other reason shit takes so long to get finished. I save up for shit and while Im saving i scheme up more shit i don't need :laughing:

I have a project fund too. That's the other reason shit takes so long to get finished. I save up for shit and while Im saving i scheme up more shit i don't need :laughing:

Thats is also another problem...im really trying this time...

Choosing when it's "good enough" can be difficult, hah!

It's never good enough. Just finished the project? Could have did this better and that, time to sell and start over.

I found if I do not haul ass through a build it loses its attractiveness and I burn out.

I had the idea to build a mini 2 seat buggy. How long could it take? Some tube and sheet, bike engine, shocks, wheels nothing to it. Im in the too deep to bail out stage now.:laughing:

I have several projects that are sitting around, not getting done. Some because of motion, some because of money. I seriously debated smashing everything and scrapping it.

I have a 46 cj2a project that I can't get started on because I can't fit in it (6'5") and I do t want to stretch it because it won't have the original look.

I started a turbo swap on my 87 4runner 2 years ago, but haven't got it completed. I need a blow off valve.

I cut apart a 90s 4 runner and a 90s xtracab to make a Toyota mega cab, but I don't have front truck doors, So I can't do any more fabbing.

​​​​​​

The whole top end got fully rebuilt, and upgraded. Needed a break job, so its getting fully upgraded brakes. Also found a screaming deal on a 6 speed so itll be getting that swapped in too, and a M sport interior. Eventually.

Hell yeah! Might have to start a build/upgrade thread..

I do it every time. I have stuff I've never touched because I don't want to lose it. Started to do a cummins swap in Ford Centurion but quit before I got started because I don't want it to end up in never finished land. I bought a Polaris rzr thinking I could do a bolt on build. NOPE, I decided to go full cray on the suspension and I'm doing cut/fab work on it. The dam thing hasn't left the property since I bought it in february and it's sitting on jack stands waiting to be finished like most my projects devolve into.

You too? This jewel was driven 55mi around the hay fields at the shop before I decided it was going to be my "racecar" and cut it up. I picked it up in April and this is what i have sitting at the shop right now......

20200530_235910.jpg

Here’s just a snippet of a simple engine build turned into. I picked up a 4.5 stroke scat crank for $200 new in the box. Figured I would pick up the rest of the rotating assembly, take the heads and intake off my current 460 and just like that, I now have 545 ci.

I realized I needed a bigger carburetor. I found a tunnel ram for dirt cheap. Even better! I will just get another carb that matches the edlebrock I currently have.

I decided at this point a needed a different camshaft. Well might as well go with a solid roller lifter setup.

I planned on putting this engine in one of my off road projects, so I decided to go with fuel injection instead. I realized that the alternator that ford made in 1976 was not gonna cut the mustard with all the new electronics. So a 3g unit was purchased.

Can‘t use the vbelt setup a gilmer belt drive is much gooder. Then I decided I didn’t want to use the factory ignition. So a complete MSD kit was acquired.

Now I’m looking at aluminum heads. :laughing:

BE99F049-45B2-4B03-AD49-6667F6AD6F3F.jpeg

Checking in (guilty). The problem I have is that I love to know how things work, so I'm an expert at taking things apart. Once I figure out how they work, the mystery is solved and I have no interest in putting them back together.

Going through it right now! My loading table project has just become WAY too complicated. I've decided to make compound dovetails for supports......I work with metal, not wood. This could turn into a misadventure so fast it's not even funny.

Top Back Refresh