What's new

TG 4.7 Gears Carnage pics

What's funny about marlin is they are pushing putting the 80s gear drive case into even the 2016+ Tacomas, yet the 4.7 gears for that case aren't in stock :lmao:

You'd think at this point they'd be trying to develop something more like a Blackbox.

What's funny about marlin is they are pushing putting the 80s gear drive case into even the 2016+ Tacomas, yet the 4.7 gears for that case aren't in stock :lmao:

You'd think at this point they'd be trying to develop something more like a Blackbox.

A blackbox like unit would be an awesome idea.

I've stripped a couple of TG counter shaft gears on the last 3 years. I actually gave the marlin comp gears a shot this past round. They do have a little wider teeth, total spline input and "claim" to be the best.... I've also sheared a 21 and 23 spline rear TG inputs.

Running 3rz,r151,2.28,4.7 with the AA upgraded range housing on 38" stickys 5.29 gears

Pics are June 2020

20200615_120915.jpg

20200615_120910.jpg

Last edited:
I think a ~4:1 would sell and be much stronger, most people don't need a gazillion to 1 anyway.

That's why I'm building a r150/ax15 with a 241 planetary and built d300. Im hoping for that setup to hold up to 200hp... plus front digs!

This was a test mule build mat sold...
make your own decisions....
I may speculate this issue was caused by mat NOT hardening the cut down gear...
But nonetheless FUKK TRAIL MART!
BUILT AMERICAN drivetrains FOREVER!
​​

should i post pics of my blown up marlin 4.7 gears? :laughing: :flipoff2: 5.38 r&p and no blown bearings

shit happens if you like the skinny pedal :eek:

this :laughing:

These are the reasons why im saving my pennies for a 4spd atlas when my dual/lefty combo go boom. I have a love hate relationship with marlin, they have fucked me quite a few times, but then jump.me to the front of the 4 month wait list line for a trans after mine exploded on me when my taco was still a DD.

I'll only buy non machined parts from trail gear, like sliders and frame plates and shit like that.

Most of these toyota vendors suck, I have gotten embarrassingly bad parts from FROR as well, definitely didnt expect that!

Marlin fawking sucks.. big mike can suck a dick.. to busy being on vacation spending his inheritance and bringing back 2003 with triple cases.. I dont know how those morons are still in business. You see more TG gears break because they are the only ones selling them.. I'll really never understand toyota math, I have 42's and 1-tons I cant believe my gears broke.. the shitty toyota diff is the fusible link, once you upgrade then its the drivelines and tcases that go boom next. Most low range gears break in the same way as well. I've stripped and broken lots of made in USA dana300 4.1's and I never blame advance or low max.. it's always my fault for exceeding drivetrain limitations. As far as 4.1 gears for yotas at least in 22re world they just don't have enough grunt.. I ran 5.29's with 4.7's on 40's and always wished my range box could have a little lower gearing for more grunt in the big rocks. Like a 30% lower than stock gear set would be awesome for front cases. The old unicorn 5.1 gears were pretty good to for crawling around but they were plagued by stripped gears and broken cases as well.. I've never seen a company take as much blame for shit as trail gear. I've seen 10 to 1 broken atlas's to broken tg 4.7's and I never hear anyone bash advance the way tg gets it. They made race car parts affordable if you want the best pony up and go buy the best. You dont get get grey poupon shit shopping at kmart lol..

Sumos showed up last night. Time to get this pile back together.

v4uzW8al.jpg

CRX6lmFl.jpg

Maybe those can take over Marlins market and finally put thathat company under lol. Who's a vendor I hadn't even heard of them.

Advance Adapters carries them. Theres a link on page 1 of this thread. Ive had their 23 spline input gear in my truck about 2 years now, always have good luck with their adapters and customer service. 7 days from order to my door. I think SUMO started with Suzuki samurai gears.

Damn, wish I remembered Advance Adapters carried these guys before going with the TG 4.7s, literally just put the 4.7s in my crawler a few days ago. Advance Adapters is local to me, I run their Dual case plate and HD housing.

Pretty sure I follow you on IG, so ill be watching to see how the Sumos hold up vs my TGs

That's why I'm building a r150/ax15 with a 241 planetary and built d300. Im hoping for that setup to hold up to 200hp... plus front digs!

I have a R151F, toyota case, d300 combo.

I'm really debating on selling it and buying the blackbox-I for the d300.

I have a R151F, toyota case, d300 combo.

I'm really debating on selling it and buying the blackbox-I for the d300.

I was looking at that one and behemoths shorty. Both are running on the same idea of a mondo intermediate shaft that changes out the d300 input. I also like the 2.72 lower gear set on the front case. I have the low max gears in my d300 and 32 spline outputs.

Doesn't Behemoth still have production and shipping issues? May want to shy away from them.

I sold my yota cases when I went to tons and threw in an Atlas. I didn't want to push the duals and potentially have no support for replacement parts. Probably would have kept them if I would have known about the Sumo gears. Never really been a fan of TG.

I'm putting together a R150F / Ax-15 hybrid, NWF eco-box, atlas combo to finally move away from the toy tcases like others have mentioned. I want to get away from the toy cases with a SC 3.4 in front of them.

I'm putting together a R150F / Ax-15 hybrid, NWF eco-box, atlas combo to finally move away from the toy tcases like others have mentioned. I want to get away from the toy cases with a SC 3.4 in front of them.

Lol doing the same with a 3rz and a whistle.... we should race! Lol

Doesn't Behemoth still have production and shipping issues? May want to shy away from them.

I sold my yota cases when I went to tons and threw in an Atlas. I didn't want to push the duals and potentially have no support for replacement parts. Probably would have kept them if I would have known about the Sumo gears. Never really been a fan of TG.

Yea. You’d be a fucking retard to consider behemoth garbage.

hi
mat

I was trying to figure out how to put a different transmission behind the 22RE so that I can go to a crawl box and D300/Atlas setup (or my heavy AF NP205 I have sitting here). I like the idea of being able to do front digs w/o needing to do a driveline disconnect. In the meantime I'll just hope that since my dual case setup is all Marlin Crawler from like 11 years ago that the 4.7 gears are also MC. Is there anyway to tell if I take this thing apart to reseal/inspect whose gears it has in it?

If marlin marks his gears maybe, trail mart did not (in the taco I posted above) someone will have a better answer soon.

If marlin marks his gears maybe, trail mart did not (in the taco I posted above) someone will have a better answer soon.

No identifiable marks. The only giveaway would be the total spline input but those were available separately.

Been a coons age since I put a set in, the old ones were ordered with or without total spline (iirc) looks like the new stuff all has it right?

DutchVDub
fwiw
the gearset in the taco I posted drove out from buck isl. To the slabs in 4x4 once it chunked a gear, then to loon in 2x4 once the front drive locked up in the rear case....I sold that taco but it continued to drive out and off the trailer to my shop.

I was trying to figure out how to put a different transmission behind the 22RE so that I can go to a crawl box and D300/Atlas setup (or my heavy AF NP205 I have sitting here). I like the idea of being able to do front digs w/o needing to do a driveline disconnect. In the meantime I'll just hope that since my dual case setup is all Marlin Crawler from like 11 years ago that the 4.7 gears are also MC. Is there anyway to tell if I take this thing apart to reseal/inspect whose gears it has in it?

Run a auto, fuck the three pedal for crawlin’.

Mine is a AW4-4spd Atlas combo in Skittles.

Run a auto, fuck the three pedal for crawlin’.

Mine is a AW4-4spd Atlas combo in Skittles.

I like the three pedals right now. Ultimately I think I'm just going to leave it alone for now. If I still have my shorty adapted C4 transmission and NIB NWF Blackbox/NP205 combo w/ all of NWF's shifter and output support stuff sitting in my garage unsold by the time I finish up my CJ6 I'll probably rip all the Toyota driveline out and install of that with a Ford 302. Run my SD D60 I have sitting in the garage as well and just find a 14 bolt for the rear. Go full retard with it. It seems to work for now so hopefully I can keep the Toyota stuff alive long enough to finish the CJ.

Top Back Refresh