Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Option Bacon

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

arse_sidewards

Contrary to everything
Member Number
My brother and I are having a disagreement about how we should paint the Aerorstar. We're trying to make it look like the space shuttle. He thinks adding a stupid line over the wheel will give the impression of a wing or whatever. I think that's stupid. So, which way should we paint it:

We need a ruling on this incredibly important matter by Wednesday morning.

Option 1:
Click image for larger version  Name:	Aerostar.A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	242.4 KB ID:	39986

Option 2:
Click image for larger version  Name:	Aerostar.G.jpg Views:	0 Size:	239.0 KB ID:	39987

Here's the base image in case anyone wants to make other designs.

Ford_Aerostar_LWB_1992-97.jpg

Fixed the poll. Y'all can post as many stupid dick-vans as you want but please at least vote.

Voted. That's an awesome Aerostar. My mom had an awd one for a while and that thing was a beast. Kicked serious ass in the snow.

Option 2, but you have some detail work really make it work. It needs to have the flag and say United States. There are also black lines around what look like thrusters on the side of the fuselage and across the nose.

Voted. That's an awesome Aerostar. My mom had an awd one for a while and that thing was a beast. Kicked serious ass in the snow.

4wd is on the long term todo list. All the parts are pretty hard to find and it was all D28 based with no low range anyway so we might just use 2nd gen explorer parts.

ncc 1701 shuttle craft or you're not a nerd.

also, aerostars are great. We had a 5 speed one when I was growing up.

My brother and I are having a disagreement about how we should paint the Aerorstar. We're trying to make it look like the space shuttle. He thinks adding a stupid line over the wheel will give the impression of a wing or whatever. I think that's stupid. So, which way should we paint it:

They are both stupid, you are not following the lines of the car, or the spirit of the shuttle lines. There is a good nose side shot on google images, if you follow the lines of the van you'll get a good representation of it. Thin up the nose line, angle it, toss a NASA logo on the hood, maybe the side, and of course a U.S. flag. No fucking wings.

Heres a half serious effort for ya;

WTF!? 256 byte attachment limit? What is this all about?

Anyway, imgur for now; https://imgur.com/tTK3xRt

They are both stupid, you are not following the lines of the car, or the spirit of the shuttle lines. There is a good nose side shot on google images, if you follow the lines of the van you'll get a good representation of it. Thin up the nose line, angle it, toss a NASA logo on the hood, maybe the side, and of course a U.S. flag. No fucking wings.

Heres a half serious effort for ya;

WTF!? 256 byte attachment limit? What is this all about?

Anyway, imgur for now; https://imgur.com/tTK3xRt

Embedded for the lazy

tTK3xRt.jpg

You brother does have a point.
Here is my take on it:

This would be perfect if there was less black on the front. SS only had a black nosecone. Front chrome needs blacked out too, and flat black.

Well it's sanded and primed (steps that whoever painted it white and gray initially skipped). We didn't bother to go down to the bare metal except wherever the sander just happened to eat through. The OEM primer dip and gold base coat are well enough stuck on for our use.

The masking was a shitshow. The heat basically turned the masking tape glue into sticky note glue and the spray gun blew it off in a couple places. If anyone knows a good way to get enamel paint off a window I'm all ears.

2020-06-19.jpg

2020-06-19.jpg

2020-06-19.jpg

2020-06-19.jpg

2020-06-19.jpg

Just leave the turd of a van turd brown, peanuts or corn, that's the question you nee to ask yourself now.

It's getting whiter. Obviously gonna need another coat to not look like shit.

2020-06-19.jpg

Top Back Refresh