What's new

Tech in GCC - Oh my! - New gears for a tow pig

Pony_Driver

Red Skull Member
Member Number
A buddy of mine is going to regear his 04 or 05 F-250. Any reputable place or brand I can point him to? Any place to avoid?

I think he is on 37's so his stock 3:73 or whatever is effectively less than 3:1.

Dang it.... I just replace a crush-sleeve in a D30....

Take that bitch out into the wilderness and burn it to the ground! YMMV....:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

:flipoff2:
FB_IMG_1687105231130.jpg

gas? diesel?

I have 2000 v10 with 4.30 and 285's....id say it's pretty adequate. 37's" id think 4.88

Had a 06 V10 5R100 4.10s on 35s and it was good. 4.30s for 37s

shorter tires net you stability, aero, ease of loading, blah blah blah

but we big gay truck land now
You’re not wrong, but when you have hydraulicly operated equipment to help in loading and unloading, what does a few inches matter. I take pride in having a ride that I like the looks of. One of those mentality boosts :confused:

Far from BGTL.

You’re not wrong, but when you have hydraulicly operated equipment to help in loading and unloading, what does a few inches matter. I take pride in having a ride that I like the looks of. One of those mentality boosts :confused:

Far from BGTL.
Sacrificing a tow rigs function for form is the very foundation of BGTL.

You’re not wrong, but when you have hydraulicly operated equipment to help in loading and unloading,
You fire up the fork lift every time you need to toss a 100lb object in the bed?

Of fucking course not.

Don't forget to complain about your joint pain as you get old, as if working smarter wouldn't have pushed it out a decade.

shorter tires net you stability, aero, ease of loading, blah blah blah
And cheap readily available replacements.

Takes a special kind of stupid to buy something that you can't just pick up same day at the local chain tire store for a vehicle that isn't a toy. Purpose built crawler, summer sports car, I get it. But you can't take the commuter car and do truck shit with it while you wait for the tire shop to get your truck tire in the mail.

That’s why you plan ahead, have spares, common sense.

The flat bed dump on my stock f350 is higher than the bed on the f350 posted:lmao: fuckin simp. You make a few inches into a mile:homer:

Top Back Refresh