What's new

Tech in chat Alarm system.

Stuck

In Hell
Member Number
Ok before you ask I dont know the model. Not sure where to look and its fucking 6 god damn degrees out so I dont want to play dora the explorer.

2001 2500 Suburban 8.1. The alarm or stock security system is going wonky after I replaced the radiator a month ago and had to remove the battery and the fender/core support brace to reinstall the ECU cover which I had to move to hook up the cooler lines. There was a ground wire hooked to the brace. Im not sure what its for Im assuming its for the aftermarket remote start and or alarm system but it did get hooked back up after the radiator. The wires trace back to the firewall and go into a loom near an aftermarket siren.

It starts ticking and flashing the lights at random intervals and I have to hit the lock button on the fob to stop it. Sometimes it stops and others it waits a few minutes and does it again. It will also start occasionally if the burbs off and you open a door. The alarm was installed by the previous owner and all I know is that it says FCC ID ELVATOE and PROOE4BS. Im not sure if its the stock "security" system or the after market and how to reset it if necessary.

I know some of you guys know this shit really well any ideas? Where to look for the brain, how to identify what Im dealing with and if I can seperate the alarm from the remote start.

The remote start and alarm are likely one system. It'll be easy to find under the dash, just look for all the Scotch locks and t-taps. There will most likely be a small abs box attached to all the obviously out of place wiring. That's the brains of the operation. Then you go ahead and rip all of that out and enjoy having a vehicle that works like it was meant to.

Last edited:
Here's the one that I removed from my '02 suburban. This was all under the dash below the steering column. The Motorola box was under the center console.
20191123_114608.jpg
20191123_133838.jpg

I looked previously and did not see the normal hodge podge of wiring and scotch locks or a box that looked out of place. It has an aftermarket stereo system as well and it was done very professionally and cleanly. I really dont wa t to lose the remote start.

Are the early 2000 GM security systems known to have issues? Or is there some sequence to reset the damn things.

I'd try reattaching the ground wire first, see if that stops the weirdness.
After that I'd rip out the old alarm and install a remote entry/start kit from ebay.
When I removed my old alarm, I had to jumper a wire from the alarm starter kill, there are videos on youtube.

I'd try reattaching the ground wire first, see if that stops the weirdness.
After that I'd rip out the old alarm and install a remote entry/start kit from ebay.
When I removed my old alarm, I had to jumper a wire from the alarm starter kill, there are videos on youtube.

Yeah I was kind of thinking maybe I should undo it sand the contact area and bolt it back down. Ill start with that and see if I can figure out what kind of system it is.

Its a older audiovox
if hooking the ground back up doesn't fix it the alarm/starter brain took a shit

My daughters car did this after disconnecting the battery .......
Try this:
disconnect battery.... put key in and turn to on position while reconnecting battery !!!!!

Top Back Refresh