What's new

Tech Chat

Who had Idle Control Valve for the win? I took it to someone who had a DRB111 scan tool and they seem to think when the ICV fails the ECU will start dropping cylinders one at a time to bring idle under control.@ [486] does that seem right to you? Also, is there a scanner I can buy for not $3500 that will give me the DRB111 functions? Id pay $1000 for something that had everything, butt $3500 is kinda steep for a carpenter thats trying to be a mechanic. :homer:

idle speed limiting like that is a fairly common thing
I remember hearing about it on the 4g63 mitsubishis (kinda a chrysler in a roundabout way) that guys were trying to do antilag for big turbos, they'd drill a huge hole in the throttle plate so it would get a bunch of air and the idle in the stock ECU just happened to be either fuel cut or ignition cut limited...

Anyways, yeah I could see that one doing it.

DRB3 is aging out, so you should be able to find an actual one used for relatively cheap
they do make a USB replacement for it, but I'm pretty sure it is bundled with a yearly subscription because "that car is not your property you aren't allowed to fix it unless we get to fuck you"

Who had Idle Control Valve for the win? I took it to someone who had a DRB111 scan tool and they seem to think when the ICV fails the ECU will start dropping cylinders one at a time to bring idle under control.@ [486] does that seem right to you? Also, is there a scanner I can buy for not $3500 that will give me the DRB111 functions? Id pay $1000 for something that had everything, butt $3500 is kinda steep for a carpenter thats trying to be a mechanic. :homer:

Nope. No way the ecu deliberately drops cylinders if the idle is too high.

Top Back Refresh