What's new

Tech Chat: Internet Routers

Hard wired is alway better than wireless. If you're using a device that you will not be moving around I cannot see a reason to not run the cable.

I am running an old Netgear WNDR3800. I know I am behind the times and needing an upgrade. The house is fully wired and connected to most of the toys; stuff like smart switches and google stuff is on the Netgear router WiFI. A pair of Netgear GT108 managed switches handles the local traffic.

What say Irate4X4 for recommending a new router?????

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product...itle_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=91812054244-20

This has proven to be sufficient for my needs

Just do it...I have the security gateway pro, cloud key (version 1, not the new v2), 16 port 150w poe switch, two AP-AC-LR's, along with a rack, UPS, and a few other toys...well over $1000 investment but have the most reliable, stable, and fast internet of anyone I know. Since working from home, I've heard so many people complain about their internet dropping or being slow....whereas the wife and I are home, with 30+ devices on wifi (we have a half dozen cameras, a few tvs, roku's, chrome casts, personal and work laptops, desktops, a half dozen tp link kasa switches, cell phones, printer, voip phone, google home, and so on), and we never miss a beat with the internet.

Yup.

The problem is, I have 6mb dsl :rolleyes: :laughing:

Top Back Refresh