What's new

Teach Me To Land Rover

this entire time of watching Top Gear and they always say rovers are not know for reliability thye are correct sir. good read. love the idea of LS and TONs so there is that.

Holy crap, and I thought TDI ownership was stressful. Rename this thread "Project British Bottle Rocket".

Bought wife a new truck and I have taken over her Grand Cherokee. What I should have done from the start but I like to learn shit the hard way

IMG_3285.jpeg

After letting the RR sit in the woods for 6 months I finally posted it for sale on FB. I have dreaded it bc of who would I would be dealing with… Ended up getting a new to me 73” tool box for it… thus endeth the experiment. As much as I hate it, it was still one of my favorite vehicles (when it ran)…
IMG_5524.jpeg

I've read every post

I still want one

How much less reliable ($$$) can the fiance's XC90 be than a RR:laughing::laughing:

The sad truth about that one is that if you just left it alone you’d probably still be driving it.

You killed it with kindness…. Something you can never show a Rover. Only fix them when you can’t keep fluid levels reasonably full and you can’t drown out the odd noises with the radio.

Last edited:
The sad truth about that one is that if you just left it alone you’d probably still be driving it.

You killed it with kindness…. Something you can never show a Rover. Only fix them when you can’t keep fluid levels reasonably full and you can’t drown out the odd noises with the radio.
I have often thought that same thing. I should have just replaced the air strut and kept driving it

This.

As a LR owner I can sympathize. Appreciate you keeping the thread updated especially knowing how much shit you were likely to receive from those of us who have "told you so". Good stuff.

Heck I bought a 4.0 from the land rover dude on the old board, think he was in Indy area maybe? It showed up running, in a Range Rover that was in low rider mode. Was I smart enough to pull the motor and get the Discovery running? Absolutely not, AB sent springs, and I beat on that RR for a couple years doing bare minimum of maintenance. I think I was ahead $$$ wise, even springing for a more expensive replacement Disco motor.

Then I took it to the mountains, forgetting I had been slowly topping up the coolant leak the last couple years and the coolant was not 50/50. Definitely found out the hard way when the thermostat opened and the coolant dumped out all over A Basin parking lot. Worst part was having to hand winch it onto my open trailer when I failed to maintain momentum while loading (read chickened out). Loaded the interior with as much junk metal as I could find and sold it for scrap. Figure I was about all square at the end.

Stupid enough I might even fix the Disco that lives down the driveway, needs transmission.

Gotta have thick skin if you are stupid… Whole situation still pisses me off. Not because I didn’t listen, but because I really liked the vehicle. And why? Why do they have to make it so GD complicated and unreliable? Guess that answer lies with the Plymouth posi…

Top Back Refresh