What's new

Tbi fuel pressure?

shitty
I always replace that shit with the hard plastic, either scavenged from old black framerail fuel lines, or with the milky white polypropylene stuff they sell at every hardware store
don't need to clamp it if its short like that, the press fit over the barbs and the bracket holding the pump in place is enough

fun fact, you leave that sit in the sun a few weeks and it'll go rock hard
drop it in fuel for a day and it'll be spongey again
learned that trick after spending a day heating and stretching an old dried filler neck hose into place, then the next time I looked at it after having filled the tank, the fuel vapor had softened it to where it was easily workable
There was a plastic bit above the rubber, but it was hard enough I dont think it had much chance of going over the barb on the new pump.

Managed to get the tank to where I could make all the connections tonight. Hooked up the battery, checked for leaks, all good. Wrestled the tank in place, got the straps bolted up, figured I'd see if it would start. Key on, check for leaks one last time, and both lines are leaking. Guess I'll be lowering it again tomorrow

Looks like I need a new sending unit. Lowered the tank, again, everything was tight. Key on, leaking from the pressure line coming out of the sending unit. 1 pin hole, then 2, then fuck this shit. Best part is it's all from the least crusty section of tube. Tempted to splice in a new section of line and call it good. :homer:

Anyone know the rpo codes for a 91 gmc v1500 ? Nothing matches what's on the sticker. According to lmc, though not exact, I should have a 40 gallon tank.
Screenshot_20210831-190651_Samsung Internet.jpg

my ranger got new tubes soldered into the sending unit, one was leaking and they broke off flush when I touched them
just used a roloc disc to get bare steel and then soldered in some stubs of tube, good hose and clamps and its golden

5 gallon bucket for a fuel tank also works

wonder if any of the davidsfarm videos are still up...

my ranger got new tubes soldered into the sending unit, one was leaking and they broke off flush when I touched them
just used a roloc disc to get bare steel and then soldered in some stubs of tube, good hose and clamps and its golden
I'm envious of your willingness to repair things. I was going to get a length of tube with some crush sleeves and a butt connector and hope I could find solid line. Given the state of the rest of it and its inability to accurately tell me how much fuel I have, a new one is probably the way to go.

I'm envious of your willingness to repair things. I was going to get a length of tube with some crush sleeves and a butt connector and hope I could find solid line. Given the state of the rest of it and its inability to accurately tell me how much fuel I have, a new one is probably the way to go.
my fuel gauge was broken too, but the sending unit tested out good
I used a free HF voltmeter as a fuel gauge

years later I figured out that you just bypass the anti-slosh module on those old fords and then the gauge works
Maybe GM got the same sorta bullshit?

As an aside, I'm kinda surprised you went with just the pump and not the whole sending unit.

Top Back Refresh