What's new

Taylor Park in Sept?

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Looking to plan a trip for next year in Sept. Any reason why I can't ride the Taylor Park area around Labor Day week? Not sure how many will be in the group but hope to keep it 5-8 buggies max.

Would being street legal help any? We are not street legal currently but have been kicking the idea around for riding in Moab and a possible AZ Peace Trail trip.

Any must do trails? Have been told the Alpine Loop is really good or used to be. Have the recent Silverton changes changed that? Any technical trails in that area that we can run to get the heartrate up one day? Everyone will be on 32s or bigger. All very capable drivers.

From my research for my trip next month I don't think street legality will apply there. But you can still go most anywhere in the area on trails.

Looking to plan a trip for next year in Sept. Any reason why I can't ride the Taylor Park area around Labor Day week? Not sure how many will be in the group but hope to keep it 5-8 buggies max.

Would being street legal help any? We are not street legal currently but have been kicking the idea around for riding in Moab and a possible AZ Peace Trail trip.

Any must do trails? Have been told the Alpine Loop is really good or used to be. Have the recent Silverton changes changed that? Any technical trails in that area that we can run to get the heartrate up one day? Everyone will be on 32s or bigger. All very capable drivers.
Silverton is pretty fucked.
You can't loop legally, there is 1.5 miles of road that is off limits now. There is no public staging area with in walking distance of town.
You can park at Silverton Lakes RV for $20 a day/buggy.
You can't get to Kendall mountain from the "loop"
It's a ghost town really, no one is there so that might be desirable...

For the Loop "outside of the Silverton problem" its a good ride, there are so many gulches old mines and mills to make it awesome trip.
My least favorite part is the "loop" after doing it more than a few times, hard to explain but it is a long ass ride, mostly dusty as fuck and crowded.
I much prefer the dead end trails and the exploring of them.
Download CoTrex for awesome maps and usage rules of the various trails.

Top Back Refresh