What's new

tax stamps and shit

Scroll up :flipoff2: mine was 3-4 weeks in December.

Just google it, a couple of google results walked me through everything completely, and I is dumb.

The fingerprint card needs to be filled out a very certain way, my local PD had no idea and honestly neither did I. I wound up buying some fingerprint cards off the net with the ink and everything, just did it myself. Once I got a grip on the nervous shake it wasn't bad :laughing:

Who the fuck still uses fingerprint cards?

You can still do that if the assembly is 16.1 ", pin the can to a short barrel and swap barrels if you want to, 147's are sub out of most every length

factory barrel is 314mm. so what's that, like 12 inches?

I'm fine with the SBR tax stamp.
I've not done NFA things cause I didn't want to pay the man his due, but fuck it. These things with legal length barrels are offensive.

so if I'm gonna play the game, I'm gonna play the game like you said and get more fun shit.

it's just money.

factory barrel is 314mm. so what's that, like 12 inches?

I'm fine with the SBR tax stamp.
I've not done NFA things cause I didn't want to pay the man his due, but fuck it. These things with legal length barrels are offensive.

so if I'm gonna play the game, I'm gonna play the game like you said and get more fun shit.

it's just money.

Understood but thats a 2 stamp gun, unless you plan on running it with a short barrel and no suppressor theres no point in wasting money.

the plan is to SBR it, buy a parts kit barrel and shroud, put it all together and make sure it's not gonna blow up with headspace issues, then send the already hacked up TNW barrel to ecco and have him cut that and the shroud down for quiet boi use.

ideally it's cut short enough that factory 147s stay subsonic, which is probably gonna be about 6-7"(?), which puts OAL with an 8 inch can right back to how long it ought to be. That's also going to depend on how I decide to hack up this shroud so that it doesn't look like complete ass.
i'd love to find the swedish 37 shroud since they did basically pistol length, but it appears all that shit dried up years ago.
so here we be, hacking and welding.

or hack it off short as is feasible with the quick change barrel junk those things got (aren't they like a three lug sorta quarter turn type deal to take the whole front end off?) then counterbore it down to like 2" of effective barrel length so that 115 cheap shit is subsonic

keep any stubby AK type shit you got, x39 is one of the better intermediate rounds to do short barrels with
that is, if you've got a draco or m92 sorta dittywhongus

if it's just a wasr 10 or romy-G type of shit, yeah hock that shit asap, current market on bottom of the barrel foreign production AKs is absolutely retarded

Understood but thats a 2 stamp gun, unless you plan on running it with a short barrel and no suppressor theres no point in wasting money.

I do.

the primary goal is to put a factory 300mm length barrel and shroud on it.
because reasons.

after I build a 9mm ar or whatever maybe the can never even goes back on it. but for the cost to cut/thread the extra barrel I'm about to have, I may as well make it a host.

[486 said:
;n333372]keep any stubby AK type shit you got, x39 is one of the better intermediate rounds to do short barrels with
that is, if you've got a draco or m92 sorta dittywhongus

if it's just a wasr 10 or romy-G type of shit, yeah hock that shit asap, current market on bottom of the barrel foreign production AKs is absolutely retarded

the last one's left are a romy g kit I built on a ohio ordnance works receiver, and an SKS.

[486 said:
;n333370]

or hack it off short as is feasible with the quick change barrel junk those things got (aren't they like a three lug sorta quarter turn type deal to take the whole front end off?) then counterbore it down to like 2" of effective barrel length so that 115 cheap shit is subsonic

you just need the bottom half inch to lock the barrel into place. It's a twist lock joint with a locking lever.
but I would like to do a halfway decent job of hacking up the shroud so I can keep the front sight.

tell me more about this.

there's an IDENTGO place about 30 minutes fro me. For TSA precheck.
do I just go there and tell them to send my shit to the ATF?
I've got the form filled out, I was waiting on my fingerprint card before I paid and submitted it.

tell me more about this.

there's an IDENTGO place about 30 minutes fro me. For TSA precheck.
do I just go there and tell them to send my shit to the ATF?
I've got the form filled out, I was waiting on my fingerprint card before I paid and submitted it.

You send the 2 fingerprint cards with the Form 1 and 2 passport photos. When I got my stamps the BATFE did not like electronic prints, my FFL said real ink to be sure...

You send the 2 fingerprint cards with the Form 1 and 2 passport photos. When I got my stamps the BATFE did not like electronic prints, my FFL said real ink to be sure...

Just so we are clear, when I say digital prints I'm talking about getting your prints scanned and printed on a card. Been doing them that way for 15 yrs with zero issues.

I'm not sure what an electronic print is.

the efile website let me upload a photo.

Just so we are clear, when I say digital prints I'm talking about getting your prints scanned and printed on a card. Been doing them that way for 15 yrs with zero issues.

I'm not sure what an electronic print is.

that's what I thought, the documentation said pretty clearly it needed to be on a card and mailed. I just figured it there were an electronic options I wasn't aware of I'd do that instead.

back to the previous plan. Sheriff is gonna do it for more tomorrow so it's super legit. then I'll submit my form and off we go.

I can not say with great certainty that scanned prints aren't OK, however, the last FFL I dealt with (MG xfer) was adamant that the fingerprints be inkpad and cardboard. He must have had an issue with the electronic prints once, who knows... The local sheriff's office did the electronic kind for free but I went to a community college for the inkpad rendition, which was administered by a deputy sheriff substation in the college. Has the requirement changed that the prints no longer have to be taken by a LEO?

Side note: The community college did fingerprints onsite (provided to hospitals for background checking) because it's primarily a nursing college. When the cute chick asked me which field of nursing I was studying that I needed fingerprints I replied, "Not nursing, machinegun transfer". She stopped making small talk with me instantly... :)

I can not say with great certainty that scanned prints aren't OK, however, the last FFL I dealt with (MG xfer) was adamant that the fingerprints be inkpad and cardboard. He must have had an issue with the electronic prints once, who knows... The local sheriff's office did the electronic kind for free but I went to a community college for the inkpad rendition, which was administered by a deputy sheriff substation in the college. Has the requirement changed that the prints no longer have to be taken by a LEO?

Side note: The community college did fingerprints onsite (provided to hospitals for background checking) because it's primarily a nursing college. When the cute chick asked me which field of nursing I was studying that I needed fingerprints I replied, "Not nursing, machinegun transfer". She stopped making small talk with me instantly... :)

You can do prints yourself. No LE requirement.

Our sheriff's office does prints and photos for $15/set. I have to give them a copy of my NFA form, so I do that while I'm there.

Get yourself an ink pad and do them yourself...

Top Back Refresh