What's new

t19 needle bearings?

Chexmix

Member Number
So… I’m helping a buddy with his scout, and we’ve adapted his t19 for an atlas… and I lost one needle roller needle bearing for the main input gear to main shaft. fml Tried ordering from Napa but got the wrong size.

I’m tempted to just run it as is, but it’s not mine. Anyone know where to get these that’s not a full rebuild kit or have one rolling around they’d like to mail for beer funds?

• 1980 narrow ratio t19 (originally diesel)
  • Needle bearing measured Diameter: 0.187” Length: 0.994”

Image of wrong size in bag
IMG_2921.jpeg

Let's see a pic of the adapter. Is it a Texas pattern? That would be awesome to have an adapter to the Texas pattern.

Let's see a pic of the adapter. Is it a Texas pattern? That would be awesome to have an adapter to the Texas pattern.
All international T18s and T19s were Texas pattern

I know that. I was just wondering if he did something different. We have one here but it would be nice to add an Atlas to it.

Where are ya located, I might have a T19 complete.
Oh, CA, though hate to waste a full tranny!

Seems like that may have what we need, I’ll email them since they don’t list the sizes. Thnx!

Totally a valid question, since no one makes this adapter anymore! I tried advanced adapters first, but nada. Then looking at Novak, saw they had a jeep T19 adapter, so we order that adapter (193-j) and the atlas with the like 23 splines. The gear on the main shaft worked like a charm, but the adapter had a different pattern. So we held it in place, marked it and over to the drill press and boom, IH adapter!
IMG_2926.jpeg
IMG_2925.jpeg

Where is ca you located, I just gave a disassembled wide ratio t19 to my cousin in Brentwood for parts.

Where are ya located, I might have a T19 complete.
Where is ca you located, I just gave a disassembled wide ratio t19 to my cousin in Brentwood for parts.
I’m said “buddy” working on this project. We are in concord. About 20 min from Brentwood! I actually have to go out there sometime this week to drop something off to a friend. If he isn’t reusing those meddle bearings I would gladly pick one up!!

Next time, order the Novak adapter for the JEEP T19 and it'll bolt up.

I have the AA adapter and had to redrill the extension housing like you did - both the housing and the T19 case.

I have fought keeping it sealed up and the bolts tight - and last year bought the Novak Jeep kit, and the bolt pattern on the Jeep adapter is the same as the IH T19 4x4, so that makes the job a lot easier.

Top Back Refresh