What's new

Sue after accident?

Being a DIY guy has nothing to do with hiring a qualified professional when it makes sense to do so. An accountant, attorney, surgeon, mechanic, etc is worth it when you need them.
9x/10 the "professional" phones it in and does the sloppiest fasted job he thinks won't come back to bite him so he can get paid and get onto the next paying job ASAP. Unless you need something that requires years of practice to pull off well you're better off DIYing it. The more barriers to entry into a field the more true the prior statement is.

Open heart surgery, sure, go with a surgeon. If you just need stitches make your wife do it.

Being a DIY guy has nothing to do with hiring a qualified professional when it makes sense to do so. An accountant, attorney, surgeon, mechanic, etc is worth it when you need them.
It's a fucking negotiation, no different than buying a home, car or business transaction. That is why you only need an attorney if it has to go to court.

depends on the at fault persons financial wherewithal and their insurance coverage level.

If the person who pulled out in front of him is a broke dick sucker with no net worth and carrying the Ca minimum required liability coverage of $15k , hiring a lawyer ain’t gonna do shit.

everyone seems to hate lawyers, yet most here are saying to get one right from the start :laughing:

suing is what you do after other avenues have been exhausted.
going right to a lawyer from the start is wrong in my opinion.
see what the insurance company does first and go from there.

and hope your son heals quick and soon.
Well when dealing with insurance companies they are all trying to actively fuck you. You unfortunately need one unless you truly understand what and who you’re dealing with. Very few do, myself included. I had a family friend lawyer write to my insurance company on my behalf asking for what they denied me for. They accepted for a lawyer.

Top Back Refresh