What's new

Subaru with Nissan parts?

Grendel

Iron Sharpens Iron
Member Number
So, working on this 2014 Subaru Outback... and it's all Nissan wiring?

WTF?

pretty common for the japanese companies to use other japanese companies as subcontractors.

there's even laws about it.

it's japan v the world there.

I didn't know that Subaru and Nissan did.

Learn something every day.
it's causing issues with the new stereo install... the Maestro is supposed to interface the PCM with the Kenwood head unit and report on items the Subaru doesn't have gauges for.

I didn't know that Subaru and Nissan did.

Learn something every day.
it's causing issues with the new stereo install... the Maestro is supposed to interface the PCM with the Kenwood head unit and report on items the Subaru doesn't have gauges for.
we did a maestro install on my brother's FJ.
Had to flash the pioneer radio with a specific firmware. IIRC maestro provided it.

we did a maestro install on my brother's FJ.
Had to flash the pioneer radio with a specific firmware. IIRC maestro provided it.
Yeah, waiting for them to provide the flash.

What's going to be interesting will be the next project. Maestro into my 68 IH with a 2003 Duramax with CANBUS provided by Dakota Digital.

Yeah, waiting for them to provide the flash.

What's going to be interesting will be the next project. Maestro into my 68 IH with a 2003 Duramax with CANBUS provided by Dakota Digital.
Go on

Yep Subaru uses Nissan electrics. Check window switches and such. All Nissan branded.

and den?

Saturn suv thing used a Honda V6 drivetrain for a few years. Talk about an odd couple, GM and Honda.

Would be a solid spinoff thread, mfg mix n match vehicles.

Top Back Refresh