What's new

Strong Hand Marking Tools

PAToyota

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
South Central Pennsylvania, USA
I've got to say that these two tools are pretty ingenious. I know there have been times I've tried to mark something out to cut by hand because my chop saw or band saw weren't big enough for the job.

This one is less useful to me, just because I don't do these kinds of cuts.

Looking at their website, the first one lists at $195 and the second one is $260, so I honestly don't see myself buying either one any time soon. I'll just continue to use my solution for the first one, which is a line laser level to create the line and then just trace it.

The circle tool is slick! A version of that angle tool has been out forever.

They also make a jumbo version

What's wrong with a pipe wrap measure? $20 and wham bam.

Jackson Safety Pipe Measure Tool – Wrap Around Tape, Flex Angle Measuring and Marking Gauge for 3”to 10” Diameter, Large, Black, 14753 Amazon.com

And "usssse the strong handdddd"

Jackson Safety Pipe Measure Tool – Wrap Around Tape, Flex Angle Measuring and Marking Gauge for 3”to 10” Diameter, Large, Black, 14753 Amazon.com

And "usssse the strong handdddd"

I was more impressed with the contour marker for irregular shaped things - like the I-beam.

I'm not sure I'm seeing the pipe wrap. You mark on either side of the wrap and then connect the dots? For a large pipe I can't get in my miter chop saw, I kinda want a continuous line the whole way around it to cut it with a grinder and cutoff wheel.

I'm not sure I'm seeing the pipe wrap. You mark on either side of the wrap and then connect the dots?

Flat sheet, wrap it around snug, get the edges perpendicular to the pipe to line up. Now the edge is exactly perpendicular all the way around. Sharpie or stone to follow the edge and mark it.

I just use paper for the job cause I generally have it on hand. Simple, fast, cheap. Round shapes are easy. I-beams require me to break out the carpenter square and spend a few minutes laying out the cut. Probably about the same amount of time to go get the stronghand out of the box, set it up, use it and then put it away again.

The angle-circle thingy is pretty cool....

Flat sheet, wrap it around snug, get the edges perpendicular to the pipe to line up. Now the edge is exactly perpendicular all the way around. Sharpie or stone to follow the edge and mark it.
I can understand for a perpendicular cut, but what about all the lines on the wrap. How do you use it to cut an angle?

just knock off curve-o-mark stuff, maybe they had a patent expire.

these tools have been around for ever.

J_lYizz2NgiT_WZAVi8hosiI=w459-h612-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

most guys dont use them cause the try to force the soap stone around and end up with shitty cuts. i hardly ever use my curve0mark, but very handy at times.

most guys dont use them cause the try to force the soap stone around and end up with shitty cuts. i hardly ever use my curve0mark, but very handy at times.
It looks like its "new" because they attached a magnetic base to it.

Ironically, I was on Amazon and found that I had the Jackson version on one of my lists for a few years... :homer:

You can save items to shopping/wish lists...
Lists.png

They start you out with "Books" and "Found it on Amazon" but you can create your own. Mine include ones for tools and for supplies. Things I'm not ready to buy, but want to remember - or wait until they possibly go on sale or the price comes down.

Be got the curvomark angle one and have a home made one for elliptical/tangential circles. Both those strong hand ones would have been nice at my old jobs. The strong hand looks much sturdier than the curvomark one

Also helps with things like the current Prime Days sale - scroll through the lists of stuff you've "bookmarked" to see if it has a deal on it.
Didn't know that. I generally just order.
Consolidated 3 weeks of stuff last time expecting they'd ship together. Nope. And shipped fragile stuff with heavy stuff in glorified trash bags.
One shipment was a bag with a case of coment scrub powder for the shitter and 2 bottles of windex.
The Comet got busted open and had powder coming out the bag. Luckily the Windex was ok.
Then a maybe 15lb air compressor was in 3 boxes. The factory colored box, a tight fit brown box, both taped and straped and another huge ass box. And they tossed in a little hour meter and some "don't bend" shim stock.

Top Back Refresh