What's new

Sticky Mickey

Snowracer

Member Number
Looks like Mickey Thompson is now offering the Baja Boss X, same as the Baja Boss but in a sticky. Comes in a 37 and 40 or a 17" wheel

Anyone running them yet?

Don't be behind them if the guy in front of you has any kind of horsepower :dustin:

They look like Mickey Thompson's version of a Thornbird IMO. :laughing:

Probably decent on dry rock an dirt but look like they would pack with mud with those tight tread blocks. :confused:

I’d like to hear about them too. A 1.6L has a hard time pushing 42 treps... 39 reds are small. 42 reds require new wheels... and on and on...

They look like Mickey Thompson's version of a Thornbird IMO. :laughing:

Probably decent on dry rock an dirt but look like they would pack with mud with those tight tread blocks. :confused:

Look like they would work better in mud then my current KR2s but not as well as my cut boggers :homer:

So that's like a 33" and 35" sticky? :flipoff2:

look like they measure more true then an interco but that aint saying much

photo18805.jpg

Pellegrino has been running them for awhile now and they seem to hold up very well. I thought about getting them, but like any sticky they cant handle the cold weather.

Those are not the mickey's I was thinking of :lmao:

They are an awesome tire. We have used hem on a few cars and running them on everything now. The sidewalls are insane and the hook up amazing. They are a hidden gem right now!

Damn it... I knew I smelled sponsorship in the air... That doesn’t help us normal folk.

Damn it... I knew I smelled sponsorship in the air... That doesn’t help us normal folk.

LOL 20% is not sponsorship lol. You don't get a sticker on my rig for that haha

I speak to the quality of the tire. Its amazing and since I did pay for it I bought it over other options ( including turning down a full ride tire sponsorship )

Free tires are worthless if they don't work well.

I speak to the quality of the tire. Its amazing and since I did pay for it I bought it over other options ( including turning down a full ride tire sponsorship )

May I ask what tires you turned down for free?

ProComp and Kanati. The sad thing is both tires hook up very well but the sidewalls are way to thin IMO.

I know this is getting pretty far off topic, but I am hoping to start building a race rig soon so I am curious. What do you provide for Mickey Thompson in return for the 20% discount they extend to you if that doesn't even get them a sticker on your rig? What series and class do you race in? I would imagine you must have a pretty serious social media presence and/or successful racing program to be getting free tire sponsorship offers even if you do turn them down.

As I said, I am just trying to get started out, so I am trying to figure out what it takes to attract sponsors. I don't expect to have much if any sponsor support since it seems like you need 10K+ followers on social media minimum and good racing exposure.

I know this is getting pretty far off topic, but I am hoping to start building a race rig soon so I am curious. What do you provide for Mickey Thompson in return for the 20% discount they extend to you if that doesn't even get them a sticker on your rig? What series and class do you race in? I would imagine you must have a pretty serious social media presence and/or successful racing program to be getting free tire sponsorship offers even if you do turn them down.

As I said, I am just trying to get started out, so I am trying to figure out what it takes to attract sponsors. I don't expect to have much if any sponsor support since it seems like you need 10K+ followers on social media minimum and good racing exposure.

are you gonna put beadlocks on it? :laughing::flipoff2:

the Baja Boss X is proving to be really good tire so far. time will tell of course. but the real sticky mickey is the Pro X 😉

ass shot.jpg

I've been running the Baja Boss X's on the Roxor and so far I've been pretty happy with them in Rocks, Sand, mud and logs. I don't have experience with any other sticky tires though.

Top Back Refresh