What's new

Stereo/surround sound receiver

Texas97

Surgical Shotgunner
Member Number
Loc
Texas
I currently have about a 30 year old RCA Pro Logic receiver I have speaker wired to my surround sound in the living room. I can run the tv through it too and it's not bad.

But I'm looking for something more modern with a remote, blue tooth that I can run my smrt TV through and hook to my surround sound speakers.

Any recommendations? Surely there's something that going to run way better with modern tech than this this.

What's your budget?

Can't go wrong with something like a Denon AVR-X2700

What's the room like? TIle floors, carpet, windows, furniture type, shape, ceiling height?

What speakers do you have and how many?

What's the room like? TIle floors, carpet, windows, furniture type, shape, ceiling height?

What speakers do you have and how many?

7 french doors, 18 foot ceiling, tile floors, with an 8x10 rug and a couple couches. Full height rock fireplace. It's a big room.

4 panasonic speakers at 11 foot height and a center speaker on the Entertainment center, they're probably 15 years old

I ended up with a sound bar and weird square box from Bose when I got my flatscreen TV.

Had to wear weird head phones to sonically tune the thing for the room it’s in.

Fucking kills it. I can listen to it out on the street if I want to.

I ended up with a sound bar and weird square box from Bose when I got my flatscreen TV.

Had to wear weird head phones to sonically tune the thing for the room it’s in.

Fucking kills it. I can listen to it out on the street if I want to.

Looking for something I can hook the wall mount speakers to then blue tooth in with a phone to play music and also connect to the tv when I want. Sound bar is fine with me but the room is large and I think it echos some but could be worse

Real happy with the Onkyo I bought a few years back. I can connect my phone to it through Blutooth or wifi.

No issues with the lowest end Yamaha 5.1 receiver I bought two years ago. It looks like it's still the current model.

Looking for something I can hook the wall mount speakers to then blue tooth in with a phone to play music and also connect to the tv when I want. Sound bar is fine with me but the room is large and I think it echos some but could be worse
I have a 700 soundbar and 700 base module. Do the research to see if it could work for you. I will say that I think that it will because of the way it is tuned with the sonic headphones.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/home_theater.html

7 french doors, 18 foot ceiling, tile floors, with an 8x10 rug and a couple couches. Full height rock fireplace. It's a big room.

4 panasonic speakers at 11 foot height and a center speaker on the Entertainment center, they're probably 15 years old

Panasonic speakers have to go, and you'll need DSP to correct for all those hard surfaces. Anthem has the best room correction, but Yamaha YAPO is a close second. I like the ELAC Unifi speakers for value these days. And two subs are better than one...experiement with placement. Usually not in a corner, but along a side wall in addition to one next to, or behind rhe display.

I've always been pretty happy with Yamaha motorcycles.

There is probably much better audio stuff out there, but how many others also make a quality bike and sexy automotive engines? :flipoff2:

Speakers, Headphones, and Premium Home Audio | Klipsch

also, good bad or otherwise, these guys make speakers that look neat and aren't ungodly expensive.

so i vote yamaha receiver and klipsch speakers, plus lot's of artistic wall hanger rugs/tapestry

I have a yamaha VX-473, not super impressed. I bought it in 2013 I think. Maybe they have improved since then but the HDMI ARC functionality has not been great. It has problems recognizing that an input is playing and it randomly will give me pink screens and I have to reset it multiple times to get it to work again.

I've always been pretty happy with Yamaha motorcycles.

There is probably much better audio stuff out there, but how many others also make a quality bike and sexy automotive engines? :flipoff2:

They started making instruments in the 1880s and audio equipment in the 1920s so I suppose they've got some pedigree :stirthepot:

Their bikes didn't come about till the mid 1950s :flipoff2:

My personal experience with Yamaha audio stuff is that it tends to be pretty industrial, not always the best specced or stuffed with the latest tech but is good quality, well made, stupidly reliable and long lasting

I have a Denon, does everything you want, HDMI to the TV, set up to automatically come on with TV, Bluetooth to phone, even comes with a microphone to set up the sound based on room acoustics. Price wasn't bad, I added a decent center channel speaker & sub and used my existing 20-30 year old speakers for front & rear channels.

My room is similar but not as big as yours 14' wood ceilings, stone fireplace, hardwood floors and two sliding glass doors.

Setting up the microphone to tune the sound really worked well in my space.

this:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-oxTFFKooS6i/p_033AVS740H/Denon-AVR-S740H.html

Top Back Refresh