What's new

Stealth Build: Escalade 2nd Row Center Subwoofer Console.

I'm really impressed

so you got 1500 for the enclosure alone?? how many man hours?? I really appreciate that you make more when you know more, and the builds get easier..

500 for the materials? large markup?? special fabric?

Amazing work, I love this kind of stuff.. Thanks for sharing

Incredible looking shit!

I'm always amazed at the price of upholstery work, not-so-custom work I mean.

Vb on that DD box?

I honestly don't remember what the volume was on that one. I do remember it was intended to be tuned to 35 hz and when complete it measured 35.1 hz. :laughing:

So...all my math regarding Vb was correct.

I'm really impressed

so you got 1500 for the enclosure alone?? how many man hours?? I really appreciate that you make more when you know more, and the builds get easier..

500 for the materials? large markup?? special fabric?

Yes. $1,500 for that enclosure alone. It went to upholstery and customer paid the upholsterer for their work. That way if there's something he doesn't like about the upholstery it's between those two and doesn't involve me.

Man hours? Whatever it took. Most of the time was spent doing math and creating the template. After that it was a matter of making copies on the router. That's a fairly fast process once you've created the templates.

If you figure four sheets of MDF...materials were about $120. After that it's glue and brad nails.

After that it's glue and brad nails.
forgive me, I havent been keeping up with things, yet I still work on projects here and there..

I still use liquid nail, but what do you use?

and what kind of nailer do you use? battery or air? I bet soon, I will buy a battery powered nailer.. Ive seen some nice ones that I would be willing to pay around 200 for... do you know of any to avoid? my problem is the structures I have been workin on lately, might require something stronger than a brad nail.. I mostly use different sizes of screws, with pre-drilled holes started..

Top Back Refresh