What's new

Stashing a trailer and tow pig at Sand Hollow?

YJLOPES

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Any suggestions? All of the camping in the park only allows 1 vehicle per spot. 6 people....but only one vehicle. I'm going with a decent sized group, but the guy who reserved the campsites didn't read the fine print. We'll have at least 5 jeeps, and 1 truck/trailer, possibly another truck/trailer.

I'd also explore other options for lodging if folks have any suggestions. We're doing some digging, but I love a recommendation.

I guess I didn't read the fine print either.

Last year I parked my tow rig and trailer in the rustic camping area down by the water. I drove my Jeep around for 4 days and never moved the truck and trailer. No issues. Guy camping nearby had the same setup.

I guess I didn't read the fine print either.

Last year I parked my tow rig and trailer in the rustic camping area down by the water. I drove my Jeep around for 4 days and never moved the truck and trailer. No issues. Guy camping nearby had the same setup.
I'm tempted to roll the dice, I'm just concerned about an overzealous park ranger rolling up on 7 rigs and 2 trailers on our 2 sites and waving his badge around.

I'm tempted to roll the dice, I'm just concerned about an overzealous park ranger rolling up on 7 rigs and 2 trailers on our 2 sites and waving his badge around.

You'll probably be fine if your group is not giving them a different reason to stop at your camp. That said, I have plenty of space to park anything you want if the need arises.

Sandpit area? All of the group sites around the perimeter taken (usually are booked from what I've heard). Can fit a ton of rigs campers in those as I've seen during Trail Hero.

The developed areas seem more tight on space though.

Top Back Refresh