What's new

Spring plate spacer

Stevsie

Member Number
Re-doing the front of my 85 4Runner. It used to be an extra cab pickup but I shortened the frame and swapped a 4Runner body onto it to accommodate my crotch goblins. After the swap I have a pretty decent lean to the passenger side.

The new axle I’m building doesn’t have the spring plate spacer deal on the drivers side. Should I just leave it out to accommodate for the lean? I’m thinking the larger gas tank from the 4runner is why I’m getting lean. I’m trying to avoid pulling leafs apart.

Leaving it out to fix the lean seems like a band aid but whatever works.

The lean could be caused by many many many things.
I’m guessing my passenger leaf is in need of some help. I think I’m just going to pull the pack and add one.

:laughing: honest question

i cant remember why the spring shim was there but i thought it had something to do with the driver weight vs the gas tank weight

i also cant remember what ive got going on with that on mine :homer:

Those trucks from the factory had different leaf springs on left vs right. The passenger side pad is higher up because of the pumpkin. If you want to run the same leaf left and right, you need a spacer on the drivers side. But you're saying you have a spacer on the passenger side?

Those trucks from the factory had different leaf springs on left vs right. The passenger side pad is higher up because of the pumpkin. If you want to run the same leaf left and right, you need a spacer on the drivers side. But you're saying you have a spacer on the passenger side?
No spacer currently

Top Back Refresh