What's new

Spinoff RE: stolen UTV - GPS trackers

I have two of these, One is hardwired to my sons truck,
and one is a portable unit that gets shuffled from rig to rig.

The hardwired unit has been flawless from day one. 7 years transferred from car to car for my son, We have never had a theft, but it alerts starts and stops, if it gets moved and not started (Towed or pushed) gives one min updates, and has geofence capabilities.

The portable unit is a stand alone with a waterproof case and an extended battery pack, it's not nearly as stealth but works well.

pricing is not as good as some others but I've been happy with it.

IDK anything about scanners or detectors to hunt them out, but we've buried it pretty deep in the truck, all they say is it needs to be mounted "this side up" label and have a decent view of the sky. the portable one mounted on the frame rail under the truck worked fairly well but higher was better.

On one car we pulled the headliner and mounted it to the roof and never had an issue. it was able to locate it in a 5 story parking structure

Interesting thread I didn’t see before. This post had me thinking.

I wonder how the legal system would view you going to get your stuff without notifying the cops. If you went there armed with carry permit, it would seem to be with in your rights unless it was deep in private property or in locked building. For example, If it was parked in a back yard of some low life’s house and said low life comes out and you shoot his ass.
In my state I can go wherever I want unless there are no trespassing signs. If my trailer is in your backyard and I go get it I'm within my rights.

That will not work out well for you.

This kind of goes along with the “drone thread”. If you go to someone’s house and they end up dead, you may have a problem screaming “self defense”. But it’s slightly different because in the case of a drone, you don’t really have evidence of wrong doing on their part. They have a tough time claiming innocent with your trailer/car/truck in their yard.

You also have a legitimate reason to be there.

Bumping this. Got a brand new trailer and thefts are on the rise. I don't want to deal with insurance I would rather just get my stuff back. Trying to decide which one is better. Can people post an update now that you have used this for a while pls. I'm trying to decide between these 2. They are the same price just more up front with the first one. Both my trailers are hydro so they have batteries in them so the Trak-4 would last for forever. Leaning trak-4.

I have the track-4, no complaints. It has a lot features and battery life is good. I set it to alert me if it goes beyond a radius I set.

I have the track-4, no complaints. It has a lot features and battery life is good. I set it to alert me if it goes beyond a radius I set.
Thank you! I really think I just need to pull the trigger and get this one.

It's just stuff. Insurance will take care of it. And, after some shitbag used my stuff, I probably don't want it back.

Top Back Refresh