What's new

spin off shelving for the shop or garage.

I finished the shell of my shop last year. It has 14ft walls which allowed me to build lofts over the first and second bays. On the main level I put as much as possible on the walls and then have gorilla shelves and file cabinets on one side of the lofts and desk and table work area on the other side of the loft. I am definitely a ADHD project guy with multiple projects in progress
IMG_2535.jpeg
IMG_2536.jpeg
IMG_2537.jpeg
IMG_2538.jpeg
IMG_2539.jpeg
IMG_2540.jpeg
IMG_2541.jpeg
IMG_2542.jpeg
That is level 10 bad ass, motorcycle lift to second floor?

Really awesome ideas for the home gamer.

@[UWSL]SomeGuy[/UWSL] What do you think of that not-a-mini lathe? I had a Grizzly 7x14, and it was a phenomenally useless piece of shit. But I learned to run a lathe on an overbuilt WW2 surplus lathe at the community college, so I might be spoiled.

This is about a junk of a import lathe as I could imagine but it's much better than the Enco 3 in 1 lathe mill I had before.

Geared head, has both threading and cutting shafts, threading gear box etc,

I guess I'm saying there are a bunch of levels and if you are used to some legendary war effort machinery you may not think any of these import machines are good enough.

I have been so-so impressed with the Precision Mathews stuff but then also disappointed in some details.

1000007335.jpg

I use those costco Whalen mini pallet racks and standard pallet racks from a surplus place 20+ miles from home.

In trailers, containers and in the garage.

I finished the shell of my shop last year. It has 14ft walls which allowed me to build lofts over the first and second bays. On the main level I put as much as possible on the walls and then have gorilla shelves and file cabinets on one side of the lofts and desk and table work area on the other side of the loft. I am definitely a ADHD project guy with multiple projects in progress
IMG_2539.jpeg
Details on why the bike is floating in that hole please.

Nice setup.

Details on why the bike is floating in that hole please.

Nice setup.
It’s a Barebones 3 bike lift.

IMG_1725.jpeg

@[UWSL]SomeGuy[/UWSL] What do you think of that not-a-mini lathe? I had a Grizzly 7x14, and it was a phenomenally useless piece of shit. But I learned to run a lathe on an overbuilt WW2 surplus lathe at the community college, so I might be spoiled.

It works...you aren't hogging out 0.250" cuts in steel with this thing, but you can respectably work with steel on it unlike a mini lathe. I bought it used, previous owner put in a 2.25hp motor in it (factory was 1.5hp), so it actually has some balls. It's never going to have rigidity or power of those big old lathes, but it's not a toy.

Here's turning some aluminum on it:

IMG_2535.jpeg
IMG_2536.jpeg
IMG_2537.jpeg
IMG_2538.jpeg
IMG_2539.jpeg
IMG_2540.jpeg
IMG_2541.jpeg
IMG_2542.jpeg
whats the specs on your shop size?

24’ x 35’ with 14’ walls and a 4/12 pitch roof. 3x 10’ x 10’ roll-up doors. 2 walk-in doors downstairs and one upstairs. No windows.
Let me know if you want more info.
nope that exactly what i was wondering.:beer: how wide and what size the doors are. looking to change up the front of my shop.

Two banks of school lockers are mounted on top of wooden crates along the shallow wall next to the garage door. A Steelcase filing cabinet stores bulky, seldom-used power tools and sandpaper. The lockers, crates, and filing cabinet were saved from the dumpster. This is in the singe side of a 3-car garage. The next upgrade I'm planning is top-to-bottom fastener storage using flat tackle/utility boxes.

1699916808559.png

Top Back Refresh