What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

snlc

Went furniture shopping today. The one store was a 'going out of business' deal yet once we walked in they offered a cataloge to order from....

Looked at some tables nothing jumped out, one was decent but they had it listed for like $3,500, guy told me they could go down to $2,200... wow what a deal. We look it up online, $1,009.00 Show him the online price and he tells me to 'go buy it there then' I say okay, we are done here. Gives me a bit of lip and and tell him he is a Dick and his Dick attitude just lost him a sale, as I was ready to buy then and there. I would have paid $1,500 for it bc I had truck and trailer with me.

He tried to play it off as if I do not know how online purchases work... right.

I walk out, GF is cracking up trying not to show it. Go get in my truck and look back - he walked out, saw I really did have a trailer with me, throws his hands up and grabs his head and walks back in.... don't be a dick! I was going to buy that table if they would have not been assholes when we showed them the 'real' price. Oh well.

Ordered it online when we got in the truck. Fucking prick.

In, spent the day with a friend on his property, cut a fallen Oak, gathered some sap, boiled it down into some syrup, I R pooped!

Finally got around to pruning the trees I have been threatening to trim for 3+ years so I can get the mower under them. Got about half the branches broke down and burned along with a pile that had been waiting over winter. Couple beers around the fire, a couple more with dinner, and now some more while recovering in the lazy-boy :beer:

In. Tried getting the turdburban running again today, drained the expansion tank into the radiator, swapped coolant temp sensor. Still fires and dies but now it will fire every time you crank it. Unload the 4l60e I picked up Monday. Realized I got fucked on it, hopefully not too fucked. :mad3:

In

We’re doing some thinning of crap we don’t need anymore. I cleaned out a couple of tubs of toys the youngest didn’t want to part with ten years ago. Mrs has been cleaning out some old clothes too. Goodwill can be great, or a pita depending on which direction I run errands. I guess this state doesn’t give a crap about recycling anymore. The only place I can find to take cardboard is the landfill :homer:

Getting ready to grill a couple filets, and start on a rum&coke :smokin:

Started cutting down some dead tree with the wife. First went well second not so much. Tried pulling with the bobcat and starter shit the bed. Tried with the Jeep and the tree got hung up in another. Pure shit show after that. Left over Chinese food for diner.

Making some supper. Worked today. Trying to figure out if I’m gonna ride tomorrow. Coors lights and bed early most likely.

In. Tried getting the turdburban running again today, drained the expansion tank into the radiator, swapped coolant temp sensor. Still fires and dies but now it will fire every time you crank it. Unload the 4l60e I picked up Monday. Realized I got fucked on it, hopefully not too fucked. :mad3:
I think I've got a couple core 4l60s around here somewhere
iirc both are burnt up, but not blown up

In. Painted the dining room, went to board meeting over dinner, now relaxing with swmbo , daughters and one grandbaby.

put the charge cooler piping and wheels on the golf that I've been ignoring for months
just needs a battery and it should run
kinda don't wanna make it run, because then it'll break again lol

In. Got stuck working the weekend, drove to virginia, now drinking cheap beer in a hotel...

2021-03-20 15.55.40.jpg

In, started building a metal arbor to go between the planter beds. Original design changed, it ended up being bigger than I bought metal for. Hoping Homo Despot has what I need tomorrow otherwise it will.site there till next.weekend.

Made meatballs with as close to o can remeber from helping my mom as a kid. Turned out DELICIOUS!
20210320_165040.jpg

20210320_191830.jpg

IN. Had our VFD training this morning and then spent the rest of the day cutting trees and blocking them for next seasons firewood. I lost a bunch of trees this winter to the early, heavy wet snows we had. Gonna be a while cleaning them up. I'm spent. Drinking whiskey now and then to bed early....the life of an old man:homer:

[486 said:
;n351870]
I think I've got a couple core 4l60s around here somewhere
iirc both are burnt up, but not blown up

You have a good bellhousing? Guy had pictures and everything looked good. Drive 2 hours through snow and ice monday, he uncovered it looked good, loaded it up. Realized today when I finally unloaded it, he used the plastic he covered it with to hide the fact that the bellhousing was destroyed. Between whenever he took pics and me picking it up he must have dropped it. I should have checked it out better but I was worried about the drive home more than anything.

You have a good bellhousing? Guy had pictures and everything looked good. Drive 2 hours through snow and ice monday, he uncovered it looked good, loaded it up. Realized today when I finally unloaded it, he used the plastic he covered it with to hide the fact that the bellhousing was destroyed. Between whenever he took pics and me picking it up he must have dropped it. I should have checked it out better but I was worried about the drive home more than anything.
both v8 and v6, either is yours

In, started building a metal arbor to go between the planter beds. Original design changed, it ended up being bigger than I bought metal for. Hoping Homo Despot has what I need tomorrow otherwise it will.site there till next.weekend.

Made meatballs with as close to o can remeber from helping my mom as a kid. Turned out DELICIOUS!

Your house looks gay.

[486 said:
;n352667]

when do you need it by,
long enough that you could get together a couple of them IBC totes?

No real rush on my end, still have quite a few parts to get before I start swapping. How many do you want? I can see what's sitting around tomorrow

No real rush on my end, still have quite a few parts to get before I start swapping. How many do you want? I can see what's sitting around tomorrow

ehhh, dunno, was thinking just two, cause that's what'd fit on a trailer the car will pull

guess I can fit 12 on the truck if I drive the truck, gotta unload some shit off that though
let's go with two, lol

Finished welding up wind chime tubes. Might cut a link of chain and weld it to the top for attachment. Might weld a nut in the center and put a screw eye in there. Haven’t decided. Just making it up as I go along while trying to keep it under 40 pounds.

I need to buy some grinding discs. Went over some spots that didn’t penetrate because I suck at welding and have no clue what I’m doing mig welding pipe to plate.

498D297D-73CB-4278-96A2-9C9BD0A11E59.jpeg

In, migraine knocked me out around 2pm yesterday. Didn't start moving until noonish today went for our Sunday drive and getting ready to burn something on the grill now.

Top Back Refresh