What's new

snlc

jeeptj19992001

land of corruption and control of the people
Member Number
Loc
Living in hell
in,
cleared area to build a smoker in back of my place.
by clear, i mean move snow away. will bill it on the frozen ground, so it will not be on a foundation.
ordered my wood from a amish mill close by.
now relaxing

In, o.c. in my s.i.l.'s jeep today. Now sitting in the savemart parking lot with my daughter in merced.

In. Got our once a year snow, played a bit this morning, ran some errands after that and been in the house since. Watching the newest attempt at a US made TopGear on Mototrend.

In. Still too cold to get much done so we just took the dogs out for a truck ride. Grabbed a quick burger and back home. GF decided to go through the spice cabinet and ended up cooking again. Meat balls, meat sauce, wings and some tenderloin steak cut into nuggets. Looking forward to spaghetti for supper later. Currently working on plans to put a roof over the upper deck and build in an outdoor kitchen while downing copious amounts of OG Coors.

in

cut some branches down with a sawzall so the horseshoe driveway is passable due to sagging branches due to snow. i dont like being able to look down the street and see down the block though.

grilling a tri tip while its snowing. no biggie done it lots of times befer.

RUGER:usa:

In... cleaning out garage making room for new project. Led Zeppelin station on Pandora goin and and icey cold brew.

Definitely in. Woke up at 1am feeling like I got gut punched. Let dog out. 3 am puking up waffles, 4 am more of the same. Spent most of the day in bed hurting. Letting my hands warm up before doing dishes. Trying to figure out dinner.

little known fact, puking waffles come back up in batter form and taste about the same :barf:

Wife just got home from work. Friends birthday dinner tonight. Me and the dog added a bunch of lights to the garage to make it where I can actually fawking see at night, and what I mean by dog...she supervised:laughing:

in. Been off work past week , be off this week for" vacation". Fuck our three or four weeks of winter.

Definitely in. Woke up at 1am feeling like I got gut punched. Let dog out. 3 am puking up waffles, 4 am more of the same. Spent most of the day in bed hurting. Letting my hands warm up before doing dishes. Trying to figure out dinner.

little known fact, puking waffles come back up in batter form and taste about the same :barf:

Sweet. You should try cooking your food. :flipoff2:

Real snow is building up outside.

In. Hugging the couch today.
Rainy day with some snow showers as of recent, doesn’t look like it will accumulate much.
Tomorrow we will go out for a walk and a meal after with some friends, work awaits at 2am Monday so nothing crazy planned.

In.

Was up most of the night last night with phantom pain in my right leg/stump. So I've spent most of today reading and napping when I can.

Since today sucks and I have no motivation dinner tonight is some taquitos with salsa and a glass of milk.

In. Super windy and shitty blowing snow outside. Kids were supposed to go to a sleepover but it's looking more like not so much.

Too bad as I was hoping that the wife would entertain a guest in her parlor tonight.

Either way we get Mexican food so I guess I got that going for me.

picked up a water heater this morning to cut up, looked way too nice to cut up, lady said it didn't even leak
dragged it home and unloaded it
went and picked up another one, this one's a shitty power vent one so I'll cut that fucker up no problem
wanna make a drip feed oil heater, water heater tank will be the firebox

In. Took the small generator to the kids moms in case the power goes out. Then went and got firewood. Then came home and figured I should fire up my welder to make sure it is ready to go if we lose power and it just didnt want to run right. I dripped snow on the exhaust and one cylinder wasnt hitting. I pulled the plug and it was gunked all up. I turned it over with my finger over the hole. Nothing. So I figured it might be a stuck valve so I pulled the head breaking one headbolt off while I was at it. What I found was not pleasing.

The valves were valving but the piston wasnt pistoning.

Then I went online to find that Onan engine parts are mostly NLA and the ones that are left are made of bitcoin. $1300 for a rebuild kit.

What is worse is these things use some special tapered shaft and the engine supports the generator so you cant just swap another engine on.

Not sure what to do, might just drink lead. I spent to much on this welder already and never even got to weld with it once.

Click image for larger version Name:	4CC88B0F-D0E1-49A3-9F39-6904C653CF0D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	396.0 KB ID:	310049

Did some fishing with my nephew, been thinking about going to Alaska lately so i`m researching.

In.

Was up most of the night last night with phantom pain in my right leg/stump. So I've spent most of today reading and napping when I can.

Since today sucks and I have no motivation dinner tonight is some taquitos with salsa and a glass of milk.

Did ya get the new leg yet?

Then I went online to find that Onan engine parts are mostly NLA and the ones that are left are made of bitcoin. $1300 for a rebuild kit.

What is worse is these things use some special tapered shaft and the engine supports the generator so you cant just swap another engine on.

Not sure what to do, might just drink lead. I spent to much on this welder already and never even got to weld with it once.
]
welder model number?
if it needs more than an ebay con rod then I'd be making an adapter to make it belt drive. Pillow block, lathe and some round stock. tapered shafts ain't hard to do

Doing nothing now when i should be welding. Juggling too many different large jobs at the moment, and got another need it yesterday job coming for next week. None of it i can farm out. Got some work done on this warehouse canopy today, this thing is way overkill. I fit up the mc channels on this corner post today.

20210213_202257.jpg

[486 said:
;n310082]
welder model number?
if it needs more than an ebay con rod then I'd be making an adapter to make it belt drive. Pillow block, lathe and some round stock. tapered shafts ain't hard to do

Miller 225G.

I found a company that makes a Honda conversion but its $2500. This welder is not worth that much even if it was perfect.

I found only one guy who did adapt another engine on with a homebuilt adapter, a pillowblock and a lovejoy.

In. Took wifey shopping today. Hobby lobby and tj Maxx. If I could have found strong enough rope in either store, I would've hung myself.
now hanging on the couch with the kids.

In. Took wifey shopping today. Hobby lobby and tj Maxx. If I could have found strong enough rope in either store, I would've hung myself.
now hanging on the couch with the kids.

I refuse to go in those stores.

Miller 225G.

I found a company that makes a Honda conversion but its $2500. This welder is not worth that much even if it was perfect.

I found only one guy who did adapt another engine on with a homebuilt adapter, a pillowblock and a lovejoy.

great, I've got a lincoln ranger 8 with one of those onan performer motors on it, mine's a 22 rather than your 16 though it probably makes fuckall of difference for parts availability

well, time to tear it down and look at it
hell might even be able to make the adapter outta the old crankshaft

Doing nothing now when i should be welding. Juggling too many different large jobs at the moment, and got another need it yesterday job coming for next week. None of it i can farm out. Got some work done on this warehouse canopy today, this thing is way overkill. I fit up the mc channels on this corner post today.

that's some big channel iron

funny how some places are totally swamped while others are dead
like everyone decided to dump a fuckton into construction all at once

Top Back Refresh