What's new

snlc

In. Slept in, dicked around with my new to me old motorcycle. Gonna go rebuild clutch hydraulics for said motorcycle.

I'm not sure if I qualify or not, made dinner for us, changed sheets, did laundry and did dishes, I'm pooped...........LOL

In.

Spent the day trying to fix all the damage on my camper from a broken spring. I flushed the grey and black tanks a couple of times and the broken grey pipe repair went well. The broken black pipe was a different story, there was some tp "stuck" in the drain valve, when I took it apart to cut the broken pipe out about 3 gallons of shit and black water came pouring out. It was a shitty day from then on.

Got that mess cleaned up and the broken pipe fixed and everything back together, finished welding the spring over pads on, got the springs on, new brake drums on and called it a day.

Had a nice long hot shower and feel a lot better not to mention cleaner.

FML.

Went to a plowing bee this morning and then got the oil changed in my Jeep this afternoon.
20201017_101820.jpg
20201017_110255.jpg
20201017_105952.jpg

Went to my parents house and started the demo to turn their upstairs into an ADU for my daughter to live in while she works on her masters in accounting. 4 hours of tearing out 40 year old carpet and taking it to the dump and I'm beat.

BBQ ing some ribs, cauliflower and some mac n cheese. Drinking a beer. Going to go to bed early and maybe go to the Rod and Gun club in the morning to fish off the pier.

In

We picked up my folks this morning and went out for brunch to celebrate the youngest kiddos birthday

I jacked my back yesterday so I didn’t do much the rest of the day

First “sit down” meal I’ve had in a restaurant since this crap started, fuck COVID and cholesterol :flipoff2:

BFDD1099-BAE6-4D4E-8D4D-39F418F8AADD.jpeg

In.

Did the annual chimney cleaning today, found and cleared a plugged roof drain, snagged a cord or so of split/seasoned firewood from a co-worker that was getting rid of it.

Thinking firepit and beers are in order for tonight.

In....

Spent the week up in RI visiting with family and attending my grandmother's funeral. Hanging out at a hotel in Knoxville, TN for the evening on our way back to Texas. Stopped in Pigeon Forge earlier today and visited Crispins at his shop. Rented one of his Honda Talons and spent a few hours exploring the area. I highly recommend going to see him and renting one of his rides. Sooooo much fun! He even found us a dog friendly hotel while we were out exploring. He's a good dude. :smokin:

20201017_163000.jpg

In

out in the shop with my brother and a friend. Drinking beer, smoking cigars and building a 1950 chevy 3600 truck and fixing a crap 2 stroke leaf blower.
Been a pretty lazy day

Went for a hike today. 2nd hike for my wife since she had spinal surgery. So that's a bonus. Was also my son's longest hike to date. 3.5 miles in 3.5 hours. All rocks (some scrambling, some boulder fields). She's been out cold since 5pm. :eek:

2 Jeep shows tomorrow ... and maybe a surprise hike/walk across the Susquehanna River (very low flow under the York Haven damn --- can literally walk across the river here).

All in all ... looks like one of the better weekends I've had in a while.

Last edited:
got a few pails of oil on sale, then tacked on a mail in rebate
fleet farm's got a good price on it lately, 100 bucks for 5gal of T6 5w40, then plus 35 bucks back on the rebate
they run it about once a year

other than that, bitched out about the cold and watched youtube videos all day :\

Went wheeling today for the first time in a while. While we were out the forest caught on fire between us and the 5 miles to home . We had to do a 30 mile detour to get home. Now we are packed for evacuation, sitting here watching the hills surrounding Lyons Colorado burn :(

In, helped my brother in law move some tool boxes for my father in law today. Then went to visit a old neighbor of mine with my wife and daughter. Next stop was my grandmother's house to visit her and my cousins. Now I'm sitting on the couch and my wife's watching hocaus pocaus.

Went this morning to fetch my buddy's sailboat that has been adrift since yesterday. Had to swim for it, but we got it.

On the way to the house we got a call that his daughter is flipping her lid. She is in withdrawals from Meth, heroin, weed, and who knows what else.

Her "boyfriend" beat the piss out of her a week ago, 1000 miles away from home. Mom and dad went and got her, and all she wants is her fucking boyfriend.

I cant comprehend it. Mental health got involved, the Sheriff got involved... The problem is this girl is 20. Legally an adult. But she can't recognize her problem and ask for hel. She is left to her own shitty choices.

Trying to get pics of new swag for the store. I kinda suck at it (could be the beer) ... do CL strippers model ?

IMG_6156.jpg

Went for a hike today. 2nd hike for my wife since she had spinal surgery. So that's a bonus. Was also my son's longest hike to date. 3.5 miles in 3.5 hours. All rocks (some scrambling, some boulder fields). She's been out cold since 5pm. :eek:

2 Jeep shows tomorrow ... and maybe a surprise hike/walk across the Susquehanna River (very low flow under the York Haven damn --- can literally walk across the river here).

All in all ... looks like one of the better weekends I've had in a while.

did you to the bolder field at hickory run?

did you do the bolder field at hickory run?

Not this time. We went to Hawk Mtn, not far from Hamburg. Did the "River of Rocks" trail ... which loops around 2 glacial deposits (much like the Boulder Field at Hickory Run). We cut thru the last field to get a view of the "mountain" while we had a quick bite to eat.

Trying to build up his interest & endurance so I can drag his ass up & over the Franconia Ridge in NH. :lmao:

sitting in a hotel in Loveland Colorado. evacuated from the Cameron peak fire. this is how our log cabin looked on Friday night when we rolled out.

we are still building the cabin...

cabin.jpg

Top Back Refresh