What's new

Smallest gear trailer

Swayzeexpress

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I'm grabbing a eurovan after the pop up sells and want a small trailer to keep the van clean inside. Anyone know of or have a decent gear trailer, small and light?

wagon.jpg

I got behind a 4runner with a 1 wheeled trailer the other day. It was 4 foot long max, enclosed, and had 1 swiveling wheel under it

similar to this
Screenshot_20230212_094631_Google.jpg
so what's the advantage here?

looks like a PITA for the hitch. Do you gotta balance that thing while you hook it up to both sides? Why would i want that thing pinned to my car and swinging out like I have a twelve foot overhang as opposed to a regular two wheeled trailer that pivots on the ball when I turn?
I guess I just don't understand.

looks like a PITA for the hitch. Do you gotta balance that thing while you hook it up to both sides? Why would i want that thing pinned to my car and swinging out like I have a twelve foot overhang as opposed to a regular two wheeled trailer that pivots on the ball when I turn?

How about the fact that theres a f'ing empty pickup bed directly in front of it?

How about the fact that theres a f'ing empty pickup bed directly in front of it?
well there's that too.

but other than a RV cargo carrier kind of deal I fail to see how the single wheel trailer offers any advantages over a traditional hitch/trailer arrangement.
unless you're absolutely incapable of backing up with a small trailer I don't see why.

well there's that too.

but other than a RV cargo carrier kind of deal I fail to see how the single wheel trailer offers any advantages over a traditional hitch/trailer arrangement.
unless you're absolutely incapable of backing up with a small trailer I don't see why.

Just more solutions for problems that didn't exist.

Could be if the trailer is too narrow to see in the mirrors or short to see over your shoulder. I guess.

My little trailer can't be seen behind my little car, still can back it up. Or just unhitch it and push it around because it's tiny and basically a wheel barrow.
I can see the use case for behind a motorhome or big gooseneck camper but why behind a pickup or car I can't understand.

My little trailer can't be seen behind my little car, still can back it up. Or just unhitch it and push it around because it's tiny and basically a wheel barrow.
I can see the use case for behind a motorhome or big gooseneck camper but why behind a pickup or car I can't understand.
In some states, a trailer that is under a certain weight and narrower than the vehicle towing it does not need to be registered. So maybe that?

Cause you don't have to back it up ever.
You can't see how that would be advantagous for a "tiny gear trailer"?

If I wanted a "tiny" trailer that seems absolutely perfect. Empty it would give you a "deck" for bad weather etc. when camping.

In some states, a trailer that is under a certain weight and narrower than the vehicle towing it does not need to be registered. So maybe that?
The little hf trailer is like two hundred lbs. Doesn't require a title here, but it needs tags.
I don't see that single wheel deal being any different. If it's got a wheel on the ground the states going to treat them the same here

Cause you don't have to back it up ever.
You can't see how that would be advantagous for a "tiny gear trailer"?

If I wanted a "tiny" trailer that seems absolutely perfect. Empty it would give you a "deck" for bad weather etc. when camping.
I guess?

Seems like an answer looking for a problem to me.

Top Back Refresh