What's new

sm465 convert

kbenz

Member Number
Loc
Kannapolis Nc
Looking to put a sm465/np205 in place of my 400/205. my cab is a 64gmc sitting on a 84 k10.Plan on getting capt fab parts for the cab components. I have a newer 383 so I'll need a weighted flywheel. I know AA has kits for the clutch slave But I also have a 65 c60 and a 66 c20 with hyd clutch. Can I use the slave components off of one of them?

Reactions: PAE
What parts have you gathered thus far ?

Sure you can. But should you?

The earliest 60s used a combo clutch/brake master cyl, which means if one goes out the both do.

I sure as shit wouldnt particularly when youre already buying captain fab stuff.

Sure you can. But should you?

The earliest 60s used a combo clutch/brake master cyl, which means if one goes out the both do.

I sure as shit wouldnt particularly when youre already buying captain fab stuff.
I think I'm pretty set on the up top shit. No way am I going with the combo 60's shit. I'm more referring to the slave cylinder, bellhousing stuff.

Can't help on your question for the slave. But the Captains parts are good, I got the kit for my 65. Using a trans with the slave in the bell housing.

I think I'm pretty set on the up top shit. No way am I going with the combo 60's shit. I'm more referring to the slave cylinder, bellhousing stuff.
The bellhousing is a hard no.
Theres different slaves. One is on the bottom pside and i dont recall exactly how they bolt up.

Top Back Refresh