What's new

Silver double cab

Marlin one is way tighter

The marlin coupler will still strip out also, it’s been documented. My last trail gear 23 spline coupler I had to beat on with a hammer because it was so tight. If the coupler was a slip fit you shouldn’t have installed it. Marlins reply was to use copper based anti seize to cut down on fretting. Here are 2 examples. Here’s a Marlin Taco box. Both input and output couplers are stripped. The last one is a 23 spline Marlin coupler. Keep thinking you know better. Do you need more examples?:flipoff2:

493948D8-4936-4016-BE95-0841D90612D8.jpeg

C87ACC1D-76BD-45DC-97FE-ABDA12B0A8EE.jpeg

7A96ED38-01B4-42A5-973C-FE5742C81FB9.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s not the same piece I’m having trouble with

Well that escalated quickly. LOL What's the plan?

The marlin coupler will still strip out also, it’s been documented. My last trail gear 23 spline coupler I had to beat on with a hammer because it was so tight. If the coupler was a slip fit you shouldn’t have installed it. Marlins reply was to use copper based anti seize to cut down on fretting. Here are 2 examples. Here’s a Marlin Taco box. Both input and output couplers are stripped. The last one is a 23 spline Marlin coupler. Keep thinking you know better. Do you need more examples?:flipoff2:

Haha I think one of those is mine, the middle one I think!

Wasn’t pretty. But I got the cab inside, on the frame and lifted up with just a floor jack and myself.

71938089-DFC0-4194-879-E-001-AFAC1-CCE6.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool build and I admire your willingness to take on such a huge "modification", but I have to ask Why? Was there something wrong with the tacoma cab and frame?

Very cool build and I admire your willingness to take on such a huge "modification", but I have to ask Why? Was there something wrong with the tacoma cab and frame?

The stock frame is garbage up front if you want any uptravel worth a fuck.

I get that, but why the completely new frame and cab swap to a 2nd gen xtra cab?

The way it looks like he wheels having 4 doors and seats might not do you much good when the doors get smashed to shit and don't open every other trip. It's new enough that everyone and their brother doesn't have a pile of spares, especially rear doors for a double cab. That's the biggest thing that's kept me from building one anyway.

The way it looks like he wheels having 4 doors and seats might not do you much good when the doors get smashed to shit and don't open every other trip. It's new enough that everyone and their brother doesn't have a pile of spares, especially rear doors for a double cab. That's the biggest thing that's kept me from building one anyway.
Bingo. And weight.

kinda regret destroying that nice truck. Haha it was fucking mint when I got it. But whatever. Was nice having Ac too.

Got the old frame stripped right down. Axles are in the garage draining out. need to clean off all the old brackets and get them ready for new stuff. Once I get a few tabs for the front suspension setup I can begin putting the 4 link together.

Love this build, I also remember you last one which was 1 gen newer and it was IFS and you beat the shit out of it. Excited to see what’s next

Wow cutting my old brackets off sucked. Glad it’s behind me. Only a little more to do and the truss will fit on really nice.
2-CFC91-BB-D824-46-F7-92-E8-AFDA323-B250-E.jpg

To back up a little bit... What steering box were you running on the DC? What size coilovers?

Top Back Refresh