What's new

Should I pull a Joe Rogan (switch to spotify)?

I've been using paid Pandora for 3 years, and based on descriptions here, it does exactly what Spotify does. I can type in any song I want and play it. I can type in any album and play the album through. I can search any artist and find all their albums. Everything can be downloaded and played offline.

I went from grooveshark to Pandora to Amazon music and now to Spotify. So far Spotify is the best for me. It's a little harder than Pandora to find new music but being able to search songs makes up for it and using song/artist radios does well enough to find new stuff

I use the free version, mostly because I am cheap, and I am only willing to pay for things I use often enough. I don't use Spotify more than a couple times a month, personally. That being said, I do prefer it over Pandora.

I was a spotify premium subscriber for years, and switched to apple music because of the Siri integration with Apple CarPlay. It's nice just driving down the road, hitting a button on the steering wheel and telling my truck to play a specific artist/album/song.

With that said I feel like Spotify did a far better job introducing me to new music, keeping me updated of artist I like making new stuff, and just generally playing good stuff "unsupervised".

Well I started with the free version. Even that seems to be less glitchy than the paid Amazon version. I will probably pull the trigger this week. It will be nice to have a ton of music offline for boating.

huh. download music and take it offline with you, you say?

i've had the same ~16gb memory stick of music on my phone for over a decade at this point :homer: don't listen to it all the time, but it would be nice to change it up every now and then :laughing: can't even hardly buy CD's anymore
I got Spotify the day the last Tool album dropped. Swapped it directly over to my phone and played the whole album because I thought that’s how it works.

I have created genre playlists that are downloaded. I play those when I get far enough out that the online service stops working.

My family has the Spotify Family plan as well. We all love it and use it a ton. Well worth the $15/month.

One more for Spotify. Plays all day on the boat, never misses a beat.

Can you elaborate on what your reasons are ?

I feel that spotify does a better job linking the music I like when I create a station. Pandora I feel was trying to add too much new music which i really wasn't into, if that makes sense?. Spotify also lets you download the music to use offline which I use alot.

I feel that spotify does a better job linking the music I like when I create a station. Pandora I feel was trying to add too much new music which i really wasn't into, if that makes sense?. Spotify also lets you download the music to use offline which I use alot.

That's what I LIKE about Pandora. I like hearing a new song/Artist that I wouldn't normally hear any other way. I've found some great talent on there by accident.

You can download Pandora songs by clicking the thumbs up and it will save them for offline play.

The other day I was at the local watering hole and I think they were playing Spotify. There was some Van Morrison, then some r&b, then like Green Grass and High Tides, it was an awesome playlist.

I don't get spotify or other things because I NEVER get a cool playlist like that. They're always pushing this odd, off shit. I'm old man I just want to groove even if it's 50% off the classic rock station, and the new songs I want to be a discovery liike "Hey I never heard that Van the Man song before, wow it works in this context...."

Shit never happens for me. Fuck those algorithms.

didn't read the whole thread. if you know what artist you want to listen to, Spotify is great. If you want to take the time to setup your own library and playlists like my fiance spent the past couple years doing it's great. if you want to use their playlists and radio or are indecisive and want random related music, it sucks. Very difficult to find playlists other than their own created ones on mobile, and the radio plays the same shit over and over. Pandora radio is better. I don't pay for premium on either anymore.

podcast interface sucks on Spotify too.

Used Spotify for about a year with the student discount. wouldn't pay full price. that's my .02 perk of spotify is you get Hulu with ads with it too.

Top Back Refresh