What's new

Should companies sell/provide adult goods to kids?

Should business be allowed to sell/provide adult products to children?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why is my 5yr old kid in a store with money and no parent/ guardian?

:confused:
When I was 2 years old my 8 year old brother told my parents I stole money from my moms purse and they believed him and beat me. I wonder what the fuck he bought? probably candy. But why did they believe that when I was literally clueless about money at that point?:laughing: That's where it it all began to go wrong for me. Where was the Government to prohibit underage kids lying dammit?

IMG_0672.jpeg

If we take into account how long man has been on this earth, can we realize this has only become an issue just moments ago (time being relative and all).

Man has always had booze, adding an age to it???? Why now?

And do you realize how arbitrary a number is?
The ONLY thing special about 18 is it is a point in a man's maturity where he is physically strong enough to feed the war machine, he has obtained some basic knowledge so we can put him on a battlefield (don't eat sopa kind of things, and hopefully can read) , and the testosterones is high and the part of your brain that is really into self preservation isn't fully developed so they can be used as cannon fodder.

As far as the gun argument, I think the entire continent of Africa has established 7 years old is plenty big enough for an AK, but the AR 's geometry is somehow wrong.

Why is my 5yr old kid in a store with money and no parent/ guardian?

:confused:
Your aunt never sent you into the 7-11 to grab a pack of smokes while they waited in the car when you were that age? (I may have been closer to 7, but it wasn't uncommon)

I would have to assume my 5 year old was bringing the item back to me. ..... what a world that would be.

Voted no, but I'd love to have that 7-11 close to me (maybe next town over!
I grew up a couple blocks from a 7 11. I remember a friend about a year younger than me picking up a cigarette butt in its parking lot and taking a few puffs on it. He was around 5. I didn't want any, knew I'd get beat if caught. Does that sorta count?

My MIL liked to tell about getting a 5 cent pail of beer at the neighborhood saloon for her family when she was a kid in the Great Depression in Chicago.

Need more anecdotes? I gots a few.:laughing:

Big advocate of personal responsibility including for your children but... Is it your responsibility to teach your girl to fight when Tommy wants to use the girls bathroom? Or, should the school/state have a law or rule to keep Tommy out of the girls bathroom? If freedom is wide open then is the bathroom the same way?

Maybe that is different but it looks like a lot of carry over to me.

Big advocate of personal responsibility including for your children but... Is it your responsibility to teach your girl to fight when Tommy wants to use the girls bathroom? Or, should the school/state have a law or rule to keep Tommy out of the girls bathroom? If freedom is wide open then is the bathroom the same way?

Maybe that is different but it looks like a lot of carry over to me.
not commenting, but couldn’t help but think of this.

Where’s a 5 year old getting the money for a machine gun? Too easy to get ripped off at that age. My first impulse is that a 5 year old has no business buying a machine gun, they lack the knowledge and experience necessary.

On the other hand, they’re small and their skeleton isn’t fully developed. Crew served weaponry is really their only useful contribution. They don’t have the strength or coordination for anything else. But several well trained five year olds working together could probably lay down suppression fire with a mounted belt fed. So maybe they do need a machine gun, but a knowledgeable adult should probably pick it out for them.
🤣😂😆:lmao::beer:

not commenting, but couldn’t help but think of this.

Yeah but didn't the fake trans in loudon County Virginia assault a real girl in the school bathroom? ETA-
The details of the 2021 assault — the attacker was wearing a skirt in a women’s bathroom — made it a flashpoint in the national debate over allowing transgender students to use bathrooms, play sports and go by names and gender pronouns that reflect their gender identity.

Still, the assaults appear to have little to do with the attacker’s gender identity, according to documents filed with the family’s lawsuit. Teachers say he preferred and requested male pronouns, according to a report by a law firm that investigated the assault.

The sexual assault in May was one of two committed by the same student in the school system. The second occurred at another high school in October 2021.
Guess they're claiming not gender related, it just is a dude in a dress. Smells like bullshit

Last edited:
Ask instead if the cure has ever worked.
Yes, it has.

This is why you don't see a hundred stories on the news every day of children driving cars and killing people on the highway.
This is why you don't see a hundred stories every day about 10 year olds drinking themselves to death.
I look around at society and don't see a bunch of 3rd graders smoking a pack a day.

Because the store is forced to ID people that want to buy cigs or booze. The car dealership or rental company has to ID people before letting them drive away in a car. If those laws were not in place(to force business to ID customers) then kids would doing all those things and it would only be a matter of time before one of those drunk 9 year old drivers crashes into your car on the highway. Then you'd say something like "how did that kid get his hands on booze/car".

So this brings us to the next step. Should ID no longer be required? If there are no age limits for booze, machine guns, and tattoos, then do we have any need for ID?

(hint: I'm about to bring up voting)

Yes, it has.

This is why you don't see a hundred stories on the news every day of children driving cars and killing people on the highway.
This is why you don't see a hundred stories every day about 10 year olds drinking themselves to death.
I look around at society and don't see a bunch of 3rd graders smoking a pack a day.

Because the store is forced to ID people that want to buy cigs or booze. The car dealership or rental company has to ID people before letting them drive away in a car. If those laws were not in place(to force business to ID customers) then kids would doing all those things and it would only be a matter of time before one of those drunk 9 year old drivers crashes into your car on the highway. Then you'd say something like "how did that kid get his hands on booze/car".

So this brings us to the next step. Should ID no longer be required? If there are no age limits for booze, machine guns, and tattoos, then do we have any need for ID?

Because all that was rampant before the government stepped in and placed ages.:lmao::lmao::lmao::homer:

Where does the government even get the authority to create these ages?

It really is an illustration with the problem of the federal government system.
The feds come in and withhold highway funds until it forces the states to enact the legislation that the feds wants.

We talk about these ages like they are federally mandated, and they are, but they aren’t , and they shouldn’t be.
Rap your head around that thought

As a kid I used to walk into the little country store, hand the clerk a dollar and get a pack of marlboro red for dad. Walk back out to the truck and give them to him. Fucker also made me give him his change....:laughing:

I also walked into the same store and bought a 100 box of .22 to go squirrel hunting. :flipoff2:

Yes, it has.

Man you are dumb as fuck .

How's a 5 yr old or 10 yr old gonna rent a car without a credit card? How's a 5 yr old or 10 yr old gonna buy booze without a job and money?

You are making a massive generalization. The reason there aren't "hundreds" of stories about these scenarios is because a 5 or 10 yr old can barely navigate themselves out of wet paper bag. You're talking more like a few scenarios a year where a kid drives his parents car. 10yr olds can get booze from their parents stash....why would they get a job, make money, then walk (I guess in your world they would drive a rental???) and go buy booze?.

Your example is so stupid, you should check yourself for a pulse.

Man you are dumb as fuck .

How's a 5 yr old or 10 yr old gonna rent a car without a credit card? How's a 5 yr old or 10 yr old gonna buy booze without a job and money?

You are making a massive generalization. The reason there aren't "hundreds" of stories about these scenarios is because a 5 or 10 yr old can barely navigate themselves out of wet paper bag. You're talking more like a few scenarios a year where a kid drives his parents car. 10yr olds can get booze from their parents stash....why would they get a job, make money, then walk (I guess in your world they would drive a rental???) and go buy booze?.

Your example is so stupid, you should check yourself for a pulse.
you did not have a job at those ages?
everyone I knew had one, or created one if they didn't have one given to them

Not any job that paid money. I did what my mother and father asked and my chores till 13.
First paid job I was 14 working on a horse farm for rescued horses.

Let me guess you and your 10yr old comrades crawled up hill both ways, after work hit the saloon, and at home got no back talk from your woman. #realamericanhero.

Not any job that paid money. I did what my mother and father asked and my chores till 13.
First paid job I was 14 working on a horse farm for rescued horses.

Let me guess you and your comrades crawled up hill both ways, after work hit the saloon, and at home got no back talk from your woman. #realamericanhero.
all I know is that a cord of firewood sold for 100.00
and that was all prophet, and wood can be found anywhere
and that was a lot of money back then when it snowed on the hills both ways and gas was .99/gal and there was no internet to buy uzi's from the 7-11 from

Back in the old days, before government stepping in, little kids did have jobs. Working the coal mines, for instance.

So if kids are equal to adults, should they also be able to vote? No ID required?

Oh you talking like mowing yards, lemonade stands, bottle recycling?

Yea I did some of that between 3yrs old and 6yrs old. But when time came for me to work in the steel furnaces, I just didn't have that much work experience at 7yrs old...they told me to come back in 3 yrs with some real world experience. I said....well how the frig am I gonna get that experience. Then SOMEGUYFROMOLYMPIA said....create your own experience. Then I said....how fuckin stupid of me, I should have thought that on my own.

Yes, it has.

Yes. And luckily the government forced lockdowns, masking, and encouraged vaccinations or we'd all have covid. :flipoff2:

Sometimes correlation does not equal causation.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh