What's new

Shop tool chest questions

If you can get the Series 2 at the clearance price it'd be really hard to justify paying extra for a series 3. Most of the change is in the looks (black vs. chrome trim) and I think the drawer latches work from anywhere along the handle instead of just the side.

Not shocked, they were out of the old style. Ordered a 56” series 3 as it looked like it will fit my needs best.

The main changes are the full length drawer latch instead of the catch on the one side, the black trim, drawer layouts changed around a bit, and the power drawer.

I bought a 56" Series 2 the spring before the Series 3 was introduced. I would have liked to have gray (I got black), but otherwise I'm not sure that any of the differences would matter to me. I'm used to the drawer catches, I store battery chargers elsewhere, and I'm not sure that the different drawer configuration would do much for me. I think if I was going to consider upgrading, I'd be looking at the scratch-n-dent ICON box deals.

maxresdefault.jpg

I do like what they've done with the new larger side locker. The new side cabinet has more deeper drawers, which I don't particularly see as an advantage. I think they should have a side cabinet with shallow drawers and one with a mix of shallow and deep drawers for more versatility.

sddefault.jpg

I just bought a Series 3 56" lower.
I couldn't justtify the 72" cost when you can add a side drawer bank for a lot less.

The main changes are the full length drawer latch instead of the catch on the one side, the black trim, drawer layouts changed around a bit, and the power drawer.

I bought a 56" Series 2 the spring before the Series 3 was introduced. I would have liked to have gray (I got black), but otherwise I'm not sure that any of the differences would matter to me. I'm used to the drawer catches, I store battery chargers elsewhere, and I'm not sure that the different drawer configuration would do much for me. I think if I was going to consider upgrading, I'd be looking at the scratch-n-dent ICON box deals.

maxresdefault.jpg

I do like what they've done with the new larger side locker. The new side cabinet has more deeper drawers, which I don't particularly see as an advantage. I think they should have a side cabinet with shallow drawers and one with a mix of shallow and deep drawers for more versatility.

sddefault.jpg

I think I like the 2 better.....I find more shallow drawers more useful than fewer and deeper ones.

I need at least 1 "full width" one that's deep though. That's for sockets.

I use the 5 drawer roller for my everyday mechanics tools. Easier to roll it over to the lift when I'm working on something. Socket trays are in the top open compartment. I could use more space for sockets, but not worth giving up the convenience for that right now.

The big top drawer on my 72" is where I keep all most specialty automotive tools and some consumables. Two drawers under it are for wrenches - one for regular combos and the other for ratcheting sets. If I had better racks I could probably fit them all in one.

Top Back Refresh