What's new

Shitbox

Clb

another toyota from P.R.K
Member Number
Loc
First 50 club
Is this the new universal "junk" terminology?
I first saw it used in the Cherokee thread, then in a tacoma build.
What gives?

Is this the new universal "junk" terminology?
I first saw it used in the Cherokee thread, then in a tacoma build.
What gives?

It's a term used lovingly for mediocre junk.

You wouldnt refer to the 1985 Chrysler lebaron that's been sitting on blocks on the front lawn of your trailer a shitbox, but possibly your rotted out slammed square body with a junkyard ls that you daily drive to your lawn mower repair job.

I opened the thread to recommend a honda civic/accord. Seems it's still applicable. :flipoff2:

It's a term used lovingly for mediocre junk.

You wouldnt refer to the 1985 Chrysler lebaron that's been sitting on blocks on the front lawn of your trailer a shitbox, but possibly your rotted out slammed square body with a junkyard ls that you daily drive to your lawn mower repair job.

Pretty much this. I've heard and used the term since the early '80s so not exactly new.

I get shitbox...
It's just new here it seems.
I only have "my junk"
No beatrails,rambling wrecks, or rattletraps on the property.

When I was a kid, a Harley (think of at a local bar & 1%ers is raring to go out for a cruise to the next watering hole) that wouldn't start was called a shitbox among other colorful words-

Deathtrap, that's been mine go to more than one truck,

Like in I have an empty seat, but your taking your life in your hands riding in this Deathtrap. Or ya, it has plates on it, but only because they haven't caught me and taken them away, this thing is a real Deathtrap, hop in.

We usually make it by the skin of our teeth.:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Awesome sentance there in the quote!
45 most likely has better stuff to do than dick around with that garbage?
I have a loooong list of shit to do, my beater is way low on the list.

How in the hell does someone think the term 'shitbox' is new? :confused:

Baader-Meinhof phenomenon
When a thing you just found out about suddenly seems to crop up everywhere. ...

In other news, I have to start composing my posts in notepad then pasting them into the active dialog box here, this thing is sneaky and I don't like it.

I opened the thread to recommend a honda civic/accord. Seems it's still applicable. :flipoff2:

This.

I've only known the term to be used for commuter cars. Something that has no value besides a to b.

Calling your truck, crawler, boat, sxs, whatever a shitbox is just trying too hard to be edgy.

Wait do some of you own non shit box vehicles? :flipoff2:​​​​​​

I do agree, it's nothing new, but it does seem to be thrown around a ton online all of a sudden.

Wait do some of you own non shit box vehicles? :flipoff2:​​​​​​

5 years ago I sold my 5 shit boxes and bought 1 new truck. Turns out it only costs a little more, it's a lot more comfortable and I haven't changed brake pads or batteries since. :laughing:

But the term is old, not sure why you've never heard of it before[/QUOTE]

Most likley from this

Top Back Refresh