What's new

Shipping Containers - WTB 20'

71PA_Highboy

An Unknown but Engorged Member
Member Number
Loc
Near the Triad, Lookin' at the freeway
Looking to pick up a 20' container for storage.

All the shit I find online feels like a scam.

Fighting for my money back on one that sold for 2300 and then said 'we need another $2500 for delivery and insurance... but we will refund $2450 upon delivery''.

So who has a reputable vendor. Delivery is to 28677 (Central NC).

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you see any construction sites local to you that are using conex's for jobsite storage, stop and ask them where they are getting them. There's always someone local that has decent pricing, they just might not advertise. As a company we have roughly 15 of them. We've tried some of the online sources and have always gone back to a local guy that provides for contractors and facilities.

Look into the NJ ports: Newark, Elizabeth, Bayonne, Jersey City. Thousands if not tens of thousands of those cans come and go from there every day.

I know the prices were down big time from the last time I looked, when somebody here was asking about the 53'ers and where they all disappeared to.

I recently bought a like new 20 foot 1 trip for $2600 plus tax and delivery. Place is at the Port of Tacoma.

All the online ads are scammy so I walked into the office and paid.

Reactions: PAE
IMG_0111.jpeg

Picked up this one for $2200 in may 2019. Didn’t need to pay shipping :flipoff2:out of Springfield ma.

I recently bought a like new 20 foot 1 trip for $2600 plus tax and delivery. Place is at the Port of Tacoma.

Dang, nice shape ones are 5k+ here. I paid $3500 for mine and it needs TLC.

There is a lot over here in East tn that has them sitting with a sign that says $2300 .

Could you transport one from over here to your place?

We paid $6790 delivered for these 2 40' High Cube Wind/Water tight containers. I found a fella on marketplace that would do a cashiers check upon delivery. After they got delivered I talked to the driver and found out where he was getting them from. Called them up and the marketplace guy was only up charging maybe $200 per container. But I was able to pay when it arrived and after I inspected it instead of sending check or card and hoping one shows up.

435390895_394087793442077_6203332481287146956_n.jpg

We were renting a 20’ for storage when we first moved on to the property. We finally started watching Craig’s list for one for sale. After a week or two we found one for sale for $1000, delivery was $200 (flatbed tow truck). Yes this was a few years ago, but the unicorns are out there if you’re patient.

I found a hot shot that moves them locally
I just talked to him, he had on his yard that he picked up for nothing, I had cash

I think he was advertising on Offer up

Ya, things get scammy when you are asking yourself why you car calling a number that is 8 states away for a so called local sale

Dude sent out a Dodge and a 5th wheel

Doubt they deliver to NC but we got ours from these folks. We should be getting a referral bonus from them, we've probably sold at least 5 containers for them, just recommending them to friends and acquaintances.

Every girl's dream, :laughing:
1000000390.jpg

I think there's a lot of scams on these, send money and the container never shows up, so I'd definitely want to see the unit and pay in person

I bought a 40' high cube that needs a patch for 4k delivered a week or two back.

It was a touch high, imo, but I was jammed up and needed it, and he agreed to move my other 40' for a pretty fair package deal

I found mine on CL, offduty sheriff's deputy flips these on his days off, nice little hustle

Nice I've been looking for one for a while always thought these guys wanted 3500+ for a nice 20ft. Looks like I'm making a trip to Tacoma soon

We get them from a local guy. No idea where he gets them, they're in decent shape, maybe not the prettiest but they work.

He has a strange pricing system...must be his bank charges him more for depositing checks. :cool2:

Top Back Refresh