What's new

Shipping big tires

DNL

Member Number
I need to ship a set of Michelin 11.00x16 XZLs from CA to ND. Fastenal is not currently shipping anything out of CA. What are other good shipping options for big, heavy tires?
Thanks

I have used our local LTL carrier or xpo many times for 29.5r25's and smaller. Just gave them weight and dimensions and taped the BOL on it.

Are you in a rush?

Wife and I have a tentative trip to SD. Might be able to work something out.

I’m not in a rush at all. The tires are in Palo Alto, so pretty far from you, it looks like. Anywhere in SD is a pretty easy drive for me. What is your timeframe?

I’m not in a rush at all. The tires are in Palo Alto, so pretty far from you, it looks like. Anywhere in SD is a pretty easy drive for me. What is your timeframe?

3.5 hours, not too bad, I've actually been working down that way. So I might be able to grab them after work one day and bring them home. Not sure if I'll be going back down there anymore though.

Honestly not sure on time, kinda depends on work, I'm in construction so it's a little unpredictable. If we do go, it would probably be before the new year?

If yota can't do it, I'd second forward air, I sold some truck doors to a Canadian, he handled everything, but as far as the drop off on my end, they were easy to work with

3.5 hours, not too bad, I've actually been working down that way. So I might be able to grab them after work one day and bring them home. Not sure if I'll be going back down there anymore though.

Honestly not sure on time, kinda depends on work, I'm in construction so it's a little unpredictable. If we do go, it would probably be before the new year?

Solid. That would work great. The guy with the tires seems mellow also, so let me know if you are going anywhere close and I’ll get you his contact info

Solid. That would work great. The guy with the tires seems mellow also, so let me know if you are going anywhere close and I’ll get you his contact info

OK, like I said, it's very up in the air, so if you find something else you like, I'd go with that. I'll let you know if we get closer to going.

You can ship through Greyhound as well. Well, you use to be able to. I haven't used it in a while.

I use to ship custom furniture that I made around the country through them

It was cheap People have to pickup at a local terminal though

Old dominion is pretty reasonable and uship.com has been pretty legit. Just be specific about loading and offloading gear at the ends. If you dont care about dumping shit off the back of a truck onto the ground, it matters less.

I drive Stockton to Sacramento, if the tires can find their way to Tracy, I can run them up north closer to you.

Top Back Refresh