What's new

Selling a sxs with a salvage title or bill of sale only

Mr.Ratbastard

Member Number
I have been looking at sxs's at auction looking for a way to make a little money. Opinions on how the salvage title or bill of sale only would affect the value?

I do not think the salvage machines are insurable. I would suspect that your selling price would be much lower than comparable models with a title due to that fact. Is it profitable at that point? Not sure...

I would be interested in salvage titled SXS's

4 passenger ones

Look on crashedtoys.com my thought was if you show the damage, the repair and can save someone 2-3 grand there should be a market. I could be wrong. I have seen them with bill of sale only and salvage. You may have better luck gettng insurance on a bill of sale?

Where I am at you need a title, salvage or not in order to get it registered to ride on public lands.

You cannot legally ride them on the street.

I have gone through getting a title off of just a bill of sale only and it sucks but it can be done. Around here a title is worth at least $1000 more if not $2000.
These things are stolen so often that bill of sale scares people away so your market is someone who will only run it on their private land and that also usually means never riding it in another state either.

Look on crashedtoys.com my thought was if you show the damage, the repair and can save someone 2-3 grand there should be a market. I could be wrong. I have seen them with bill of sale only and salvage. You may have better luck gettng insurance on a bill of sale?

for me $2-$3k savings is not enough to buy a wrecked one.

However, what price are you looking at selling them for?

If you area wanting to sell them for 5k and non wrecked are $8k, well there could be a market for them.

I have been paying $23 - $35k for them, would love to get wrecked ones for $14k or less

Not titled here either, they're legally ATV's and can't be run on the road. State won't title ATV's regardless of value, basically if it has a title it's road-legal here, but if it isn't road-legal it can't get a title here.

Does make me curious if bringing in a titled-from-another-state one to here, would make it road legal here if you just played sly/dumb and "I just moved here and want to transfer title/registration on my stuff". I assume they'd flag it and deny you.

I would be interested in salvage titled SXS's

4 passenger ones

But he want's to make money and you want to buy wholesale, which is the rub.

No I won't pay retail for a SXS or anything else with a janky title. I, might take a chance if the deal was right, but if the deal is right, there won't be any meat left n the bone for you. So at the end of the day we are both competing for the same deal.

I drive by crashed toys in Dallas a few times a week. They have a shit ton of wrecked SxS's at their complex and the inventory changes alot. Id imagine you could pick up any brand/configuration SxS there is if you waited and checked their inventory list once or twice a week.

Not titled here either, they're legally ATV's and can't be run on the road. State won't title ATV's regardless of value, basically if it has a title it's road-legal here, but if it isn't road-legal it can't get a title here.

Does make me curious if bringing in a titled-from-another-state one to here, would make it road legal here if you just played sly/dumb and "I just moved here and want to transfer title/registration on my stuff". I assume they'd flag it and deny you.

I think around 2015 or 2016 CO started titling them, I have an RZR, snowmobile, and ATV that all have titles. To get a sticker you must have a title now.

Very interesting thread.... I see a lot of wrecked SXS shit dragged off BLM land in these parts. I was seriously thinking of building some franken rigs out of the junk carnage. I probably could get away rolling it in Utah but Arizona or Nevada might be another story. I hate dropping north of 20K on nothing but a toy. :smokin:

I know a guy that makes a living buying and selling salvaged SXS’s. I bought one from him, and got a great value for my money vs buying new or used. It did come with salvage title which I haven’t touched.

I wanted a wrecked one to start with because I didn’t want to retain the factory suspension. I kept shopping till I found a good deal on one that the front end was ripped clear out of it and had low miles/hours. I was going to throw away and replace all the suspension so it worked out great.

just know that to buy them for cheap from the insurance companies or an auction you have to have a dealers license. They sell like hotcakes even salvaged because they total them for minor shit. Easy to fix usually if the frame isn’t linked. Looks like damage is usually pretty well reflected in price.

Top Back Refresh