What's new

Seat brackets / adapters 07 Chevy Silverado classic to square body

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
So basically want a bolt on bracket to use the extra bucket seats and maybe the extra thing between the bucket seats to put into the 1985 square body 1 ton 4wd truck cab.

It would be just a frame that uses the captive nut bolt holes on the □ body chevy and the frame would have studs or captive nut bolt for the 07 (first generation) seats to attach to.

Clear as mud ehh

2007 is GMT 900, but here is what I did to put GMT 800 seats and console in my GMT 400:

seat-brackets-collage-001-png.427942

img_5483edit-jpg.453674

More details here: 1994 GMC Yukon 2-Door SLE 6.5TD Updates

Basics are TS2x4x1/8" sections that bolt to the floor with the existing captured nuts. Rivnuts to hold the bolts from the seats. The 2" of height set the seats just right for me - the base of the GMT 800 seats was lower than the ones from the GMT 400, so without the risers it felt like I was sitting in a hole.

Reactions: PAE
My cucv had newer buckets and console in it. Hope you're short because they don't fit well at all in that cab and you don't get much room between the seat and steering wheel.

Just under 6'00".

Have some 1/2x2 aluminum that might work to keep the seats low.

might work in a k5. the trucks have the humps up for the fuel tanks. not gonna work without major surgery. I have 2015 crewcab seats in my 88 crew, and it took alot of chopping under the seat to make it work. not for just anyone to make work.

Reactions: PAE
Not a practical reason, as someone here would say about my stuff, projects.

I have plans to put leather seats in my 1st 07 Chevy and would be an upgrade to the 2nd 07.

2007 is GMT 900, but here is what I did to put GMT 800 seats and console in my GMT 400:

seat-brackets-collage-001-png.427942

img_5483edit-jpg.453674

More details here: 1994 GMC Yukon 2-Door SLE 6.5TD Updates

Basics are TS2x4x1/8" sections that bolt to the floor with the existing captured nuts. Rivnuts to hold the bolts from the seats. The 2" of height set the seats just right for me - the base of the GMT 800 seats was lower than the ones from the GMT 400, so without the risers it felt like I was sitting in a hole.
You really trust those riv-nuts. :laughing:

There may be mounting spots in the middle, if I used that one and there werent mountings in the middle there would be before I mounted the seats.

Yeah, what I did with the GMT 400 wouldn't work. I was dealing with basically a flat floorpan except for the center hump. I did what YotaAtieToo suggests - throw the seats in there, start shimming them out with random stuff until it sits how you want it, and then fabricate something that takes the place of the shims. I got lucky and sitting the seats on some 2x lumber seemed almost about right, so I dug around in my scrap metal and turned up the TS2x4 and the extra half inch was spot on for me.

Top Back Refresh