What's new

Scrap

Really? I thought scrap was in the shitter. I was going to make a run today just to get rid of it. It would be nice if it actually paid something.

Really? I thought scrap was in the shitter. I was going to make a run today just to get rid of it. It would be nice if it actually paid something.

Idk it might be a locality thing. I was surprised also I got 90 a ton 2 weeks ago for unprepared.

Last time I did a run I got $70 for a ton. Waste of time in my opinion. That was the same year I cut up 3 14 bolts and tossed them in the dumpster. Couldn’t give them away.

190t for cars here as of 30 seconds ago

It's moved up fast, like tripled in 6 months

from what I've seen, the closer you are to a port, the higher it is, the closer you are to a rail line, the higher it is. I'm not sure if there's any demand for actually melting it in the US yet, if so, maybe it's better in that direction

edit: good news for me, I have a bunch of stuff and some old forklifts to clear out:laughing:

Where are you guys checking prices? I've got a pile of shit that could/should go away but they haven't been paying enough to make it worth loading up. Been dumping my shit in the bins at work just to get rid of it.

My local place has a answering machine. Just give them a call and it tells you the today’s prices.

$ 225.00 a metric ton for Prepared P&S in Baltimore.

thats a good scam. Buy it in metric tons. Lol. I’m sure the average mouth breather doesn’t realize there are 2200 pounds or so in a metric ton. They are really paying 200 a ton for it.

This is actually a beautiful tactic. I give them 2 thumbs up. Set the metric price $5 a ton more than the American unit guys and the mouth breathers would be lined up at the gate.

Last edited:
It's on a steady trend upward here, but slowly.

Right now car bodies are 150/ton across the scale.

thats a good scam. Buy it in metric tons. Lol. I’m sure the average mouth breather doesn’t realize there are 2200 pounds or so in a metric ton. They are really paying 200 a ton for it.

This is actually a beautiful tactic. I give them 2 thumbs up. Set the metric price $5 a ton more than the American unit guys and the mouth breathers would be lined up at the gate.

Been like that for probably 20 years around here. Probably a scam at first then stuck because everything was going to China after Sparrows Point closed up.

Shit just scrapped a bunch to clean the place up. I typically don't scrap for money, just to get shit out of the way. If it gets too high I have 1200' of 30" 115lb/ft beams that could go save for a few of the best ones.

Last time I did a run I got $70 for a ton. Waste of time in my opinion. That was the same year I cut up 3 14 bolts and tossed them in the dumpster. Couldn’t give them away.

Damn. Id like to find a full float with discs.

Shit just scrapped a bunch to clean the place up. I typically don't scrap for money, just to get shit out of the way. If it gets too high I have 1200' of 30" 115lb/ft beams that could go save for a few of the best ones.

Too bad you're on the wrong side of the country. I could use a few hundred feet of I beam with a 2ft or greater web.

OK, local place in Kansass city is 130/ton right now. Just cleaned out the drop bin in the shop, got 38$ that got invested in lotto tickets.

A week ago prices shot up to $100/ton for sheet iron here from $0.00 per ton three weeks ago.

120 per ton at the place that usually pays the best in Denver. That's better than the 40 per ton it was the last time I checked months ago.

Top Back Refresh