What's new

Safety/construction lighting for Ram 1500

Wilburburns

Moving On Up
Member Number
Loc
Central Ky
I need to outfit my Ram 1500 with OSHA approved lighting as cost effectively as possible but not utilizing a roof mounted light bar because it’s my personal vehicle.

Who has done this? Are the Feniex or Whalen lights worth the higher price? China/amazon have some eeekit lights at an amazing price, but are they utter junk, or will they last a while.

im thinking a strobesnmore tailgator for the rear, a few 4 or6 led surface mounts for the sides and grill, and a couple hideaways for the corners.

All advice/ideas welcome.

cliff

If roof mounting isn't an option, you can go with a headache rack and mount one there.

I have a $30 led magnet one on my roof from Amazon. It's bright and it works just fine.

If roof mounting isn't an option, you can go with a headache rack and mount one there.

roof, headache rack, pretty much anything that screams construction truck is out. It’s my POV, that I prefer to keep looking normal.

cliff

I need to outfit my Ram 1500 with OSHA approved lighting as cost effectively as possible but not utilizing a roof mounted light bar because it’s my personal vehicle.

Who has done this? Are the Feniex or Whalen lights worth the higher price? China/amazon have some eeekit lights at an amazing price, but are they utter junk, or will they last a while.

im thinking a strobesnmore tailgator for the rear, a few 4 or6 led surface mounts for the sides and grill, and a couple hideaways for the corners.

All advice/ideas welcome.

cliff

i have the feniex light bar in my service truck.

this one but colored white and amber
https://www.feniex.com/deck-dash/fusion-interior-lightbar

I fuckin love it. I only have one issue with it and its fixable. These have a option to be a light bar. Or just leaving the white on constant no flash. The fit close to the window but not close enough not to cause the dash to light up. I think a larger rubber to go around the edge would fix that. Like a door rubber.

I do not have them because my bafck window is not visible but we run 2 of the fusion 400 light bars in the back window on the admin trucks The ones with a sliding window and the one or two with out run the 600 as thats almost exactly the width of the back window
https://www.feniex.com/lightsticks/fusion-400

The controller is pretty tits too. hook it up to a constant relays on board. https://www.feniex.com/sirens-controllers/4200-mini-controller

mine functions are, strobes on, Step out hands up (white light bar), Rear lights (have eccos in the back), Left, right, program (change the pattern think there is like 100)

We use a federal signal bracket that goes up under the headliner. hangs in front of back window. So the light hangs just below the black strip around your back window. up and out of the way. Ill post a photo of my lights on
This bracket
Federal Signal SLB-FRD15ND

youll haft to google it to see how it mounts exactly all the publications i can find are in PDF

Total cost to do front window windsheild mount, controller and rear bars is about 1400 bucks

Only photos I can find
and I seem to snap the phot when the lights are flashing on white.

20200219_115714.jpg

20200617_112312.jpg

Top Back Refresh