What's new

Rubicon 2023 Trail Conditions

For reference, we ran the trail 6/23-24.

There was a patch of snow you could drive on at Arnold’s rock, or you could drive around it, other than that, no snow on the trail until after observation point.

Significant snow started a bit past Observation Point, no snow on Cadillac Hill. About 39.03517° N, 120.22511° W, that’s where the snow got significant enough for me to take a pic.

Escalade is a buddy of ours. GMT800 Escalade, full WFO treatment with AccuTune FOX 2.5 coilovers in the front, Chevy 63s in the rear, 42” Nittos on Racelines, Atlas, stock 6.0L. This it it’s second Rubicon trip, also done Slick Rock and a few trips to Hollister Hills.

From a camping perspective, don’t plan to camp between Observation Point and Tahoe, unless in the staging area parking lot. Still lots of snow and mud.

We made this mistake and ended up at a KOA style campground in South Lake Tahoe.

Ya, I figured as much.

more worried about being being able to tow into meadow lake after we finish rubicon. But thats a different thread.

Was trying to find a event's calender for this month. I'm hoping to make it out this weekend but don't wanna run into any jambo events.

Yup jeep jamboree USA is going on this weekend. That's a pass, looks like it's Fordyce.

I went up Friday to Saturday and it was packed. Auburn Jeep Club was doing their annual trip. Both the Chalet parking and the spillway parking was full. There must have been 100 rigs that past us while we were working on y 4Runner by Soup Bowl Saturday morning / early afternoon.

Top Back Refresh