What's new

RSWORDS - A Family Wheeler - 83 K5

Got the 6 liter short block in its home. Im using Using DIY4x mounts. They semmen to work fine, cant really co.pare them to anything else because this is the first swap i"ve done but im happy.

I knew the factory pan wouldn't clear the factory crossmember without cutting, and that didn't matter because I have an ORD small block crossmember to clear my steering anyway. And I know damn well that wouldn't clear the factory pan as it sits way higher and further back.

Using a swap pan from summit solved all my issues. Plus I don't have that huge rear sump of the factory pan hanging down around the front axle and for stuff to jump up and hit. I'd say I have 3/8 of an inch at the closest spot.

Here is the link to the pan, uses factory style oil filters and clears everything great.
Summit Racing SUM-G3612B-K Summit Racing™ LS Oil Pans | Summit Racing

20221226_123450.jpg
20221226_145431.jpg
20221226_151313.jpg
20221226_151413.jpg
20221226_145908.jpg

Slowly but surly.

I hear ya. I’ve been working on my 74 for a long time now. Besides family and life having priority. I keep finding something that was bastardized and needs fixing before I get to what I intend to work on.. Gonna try and the doubler/tcase in this week.

I hear ya. I’ve been working on my 74 for a long time now. Besides family and life having priority. I keep finding something that was bastardized and needs fixing before I get to what I intend to work on.. Gonna try and the doubler/tcase in this week.

Yeah I have ALOT of wiring to fix

That was a major setback for me to. Harness hacked over the years. I found a bare wire 2” in length sticking out of the under dash junction box. Damn thing was hot and had arc marks all over it. If I didn’t find that, who knows when the truck would’ve burned. I saw that and said fuck it. I ordered a complete vehicle harness from painless.

Plucking along. I'll do the fuel system tomorrow, then maybe start her up. Then cleaning.... lots of cleaning. I was gonna pressure wash everything before placing the engine but it's been below freezing and I just didn't feel like it. :flipoff2:

20221228_144432.jpg

The oil pan says it doesn’t have a dipstick provision so are you just going to make your own, or run without one and check oil by changing it all?

Its amazing how a new grill, trim and lights can clean up a truck.

Also took her for the 1st ride. Those motor is a beast. From a roll she has no problem lighting up the 37s and keeping them spinning all through 1st and 2nd. It's gonna be fun.

20230211_102224.jpg

Just read the thread, you were across from us at camp at big dogs when you broke down in the mud pit, i remember the morning after hearing that thing cranking for a while, and then saw it getting towed later on:homer:. I have had plenty of trips to the cove that went that way, they suck, but its hilarious to look back on!

Just read the thread, you were across from us at camp at big dogs when you broke down in the mud pit, i remember the morning after hearing that thing cranking for a while, and then saw it getting towed later on:homer:. I have had plenty of trips to the cove that went that way, they suck, but its hilarious to look back on!

Yeah that trip sucked. Alot

Fuel pump busted a wire in the mud pit.

They when they tried to jump me that night after killing the battery troubleshooting someone hooked up the battery backwards and it fried all the undergood wiring.

Then the starter broke on top the mountain.

Of all my trips it was the 2nd time I've ever broke.

Worst part is it was kiddos 1st trip and it left a bad taste in her mouth. :(

Last edited:
RSWORDS original build thread was a big influence on my build. Which is being officially dismantled this weekend :(

Man your little one is growing!

Times flies

What does a 6.0 like that make at flywheel?

Truck did good, didnt get to spray it but made 10 runs last night with a best of 5.78.

I watched a bunch of your youtube vids, enjoyed the toyota crawling vids, the one in the underwear from pirate was disturbing:lmao:

Trucks up for trade (maybe sale for right price)

Tossed my Corbeau JP seat in the drivers spot. The foam has been shot and the back half busted so it was always reclined. Took about an hour and can bolt the factory seat back up at any point.

Good thing about the JP seats is they are designed to go in a CJ/YJ so instead of tabs the have multiple threaded holes in the bottom.

20231006_172940.jpg

Then simply took some aluminum and made some plates to adapt the seats onto the factory slider and mounts. Works out great. Plan to do the passenger side the same way.

20231004_081318.jpg
20231006_162423.jpg
20231006_172120.jpg
20231006_172126.jpg
20231006_174544.jpg
20231006_181552.jpg

Attachments

• 20231006_162434.jpg
    20231006_162434.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Top Back Refresh