What's new

Roth / IRA management fees

72Pstroke

Member Number
I currently have 4 separate accounts in TD Ameritrade that hold my retirement accounts. My wife and I each have a Roth, my IRA, and a simple IRA. My current fees on each account are about .15% per month on each account. Is that in the ballpark for normal, or is it on the high or low side? It comes out to $2200 or so a year so it adds up over the long haul.
It is mainly scattered out in ETF's.
What say ye?

I have multiple retirement accounts with fidelity and it's all free. I do all the purchasing and trading, they don't do any management or advice or anything, I didn't sign up for any of that.

I have multiple retirement accounts with fidelity and it's all free. I do all the purchasing and trading, they don't do any management or advice or anything, I didn't sign up for any of that.

^^Same.

Maybe you have some type of mgmt or consultative services attached?

If you have a managed account, that's about what they'll charge. I rolled a few of mine in to a fidelity account a couple years ago. I told them I'd give them a year or two to see how they do. I should probably check on them. :laughing:

I thought Roth's and regular IRA's had to be managed. Is that not the case?
On the other hand, I am probably better off not doing it myself.

I thought Roth's and regular IRA's had to be managed. Is that not the case?
On the other hand, I am probably better off not doing it myself.

Usually the company setting you up with the program sets it up to be managed with you and give you just enough options to feel special (low risk, high risk, small cap, large cap). You have the ability to fully control your account though. The only regulations are on margins, spreads, and calls.

This is the last place I would be getting financial advise from

Nah, you gotta get it from Wallstreetbets. You'll either retire a multimillionaire or begging for change on the corner. Probably the latter

Top Back Refresh