What's new

ROTD (Rant of the Day)

I ordered a roof rack from a well known vendor. Paid for it the last day of April with it being “about a month” out. I received two of the three pieces a couple of months ago with the third piece repeatedly getting backordered. Around the first of August they said it would ship the end of the month. Last week I sent an email advising to let me know before it ships since I’d be away from Aug 27-Sept 8th. They responded they would contact me before shipping. Today I get an email with a copy of the invoice very clearly stating “DO NOT SHIP ANYTHING UNTIL NOTIFYING THE CUSTOMER”
They also provided a tracking number showing it shipped this morning. Fuck! Now I have to find somebody to watch for it and pick it up from my steps.

I hate when people use an acronym or abbreviation, the explain it in parentheses. It defeats the entire point of shortening to an acronym or abbreviation in the first place.

I hate when people use an acronym or abbreviation, the explain it in parentheses. It defeats the entire point of shortening to an acronym or abbreviation in the first place.

That doesn't bother me near as much as the expanded statement being put in parentheses instead of the abbreviation.

Makes my OCD all twitchy.

To put my grievances into perspective, I'm running a job being overseen by 5 different USACE QA fucks.

They informed us the other day that they want an in-person meeting for every construction milestone.

So to put a French drain under 20 ft of sidewalk:
Meeting: sidewalk demo
Meeting: excavation
meeting: French drain install
meeting: infill
Meeting: sidewalk pouring

Do these retards not have anything to do???

You are their product. They don't make or do anything so you do it for them in the form of red tape bullshit that they make up. I'd guess realistically 90% of all collected tax dollars go to stupid shit like this.

just because you are road hunting or out for a sunday drive doesn't mean nobody else gets to use the road today you fucking inconsiderate prick! when someone comes up behind you, pull over and let them pass.
seems this year has been way worse than previous years for this.

Don't know whether to fault Rockauto or FedEx...prob Rockauto.
Ordered 2 x RS9000 shocks for my 4" lifted Grand Cherokee. They shipped from 2 separate locations, both boxes sealed with Rockauto tape. One shock was in a box that was the exact size of the shock box and taped up really good, arrived great.
The other shock was in a cardboard box 4x bigger than the shock box with some plastic airbag stuffing and just one pass with tape sealing the box. The outer box was blown open, the shock box was blown open. The shock was still in there (I really don't know how that is possible) but the boot, ziptie, bushings and my god damned Rancho sticker are gone.
And THAT, that is what grieves me the most! They lost my sticker!

To put my grievances into perspective, I'm running a job being overseen by 5 different USACE QA fucks.

They informed us the other day that they want an in-person meeting for every construction milestone.

So to put a French drain under 20 ft of sidewalk:
Meeting: sidewalk demo
Meeting: excavation
meeting: French drain install
meeting: infill
Meeting: sidewalk pouring

Do these retards not have anything to do???
If not they do now , lol.

Don't know whether to fault Rockauto or FedEx...prob Rockauto.
Ordered 2 x RS9000 shocks for my 4" lifted Grand Cherokee. They shipped from 2 separate locations, both boxes sealed with Rockauto tape. One shock was in a box that was the exact size of the shock box and taped up really good, arrived great.
The other shock was in a cardboard box 4x bigger than the shock box with some plastic airbag stuffing and just one pass with tape sealing the box. The outer box was blown open, the shock box was blown open. The shock was still in there (I really don't know how that is possible) but the boot, ziptie, bushings and my god damned Rancho sticker are gone.
And THAT, that is what grieves me the most! They lost my sticker!
Blame Neither. The distributor who shipped it has lazy idiots working there that can't be bothered to find an appropriate sized box.

I found a deal on 5qt jugs 5W-30 motor oil at walmart a few years ago w/ free shipping for $9 each or so, so I ordered 16 of them. Each one shipped in it's own box, no less than 24x30" and full of those stupid air bags. I got home and my porch was stacked 6' high...couldn't even see the front door.

"Paid for by the Government of Ontario"

No! Fucking goddamn government propaganda should be followed with "paid for by the taxpayers of Ontario"
This is happening more and more and I'm getting madder and madder.

Also...

First nation of around 400 in canada's north (bearskin lake) has over half the population test positive for the virus and has been begging for the army to send people to bring firewood and food to people's houses.

If I lived in a town called fucking bearskin lake, let me tell you, I would have two fucking years worth of dry firewood ready to go on the property, and enough food to last half a year. January is not the fucking time to start collecting firewood.

So, the federal government sends six men to help and the "chief" was on the radio today yapping about how disapointed he was, and that they're sick of being treated like second class citizens. They NEED forty men today! :shaking:

Also...

First nation of around 400 in canada's north (bearskin lake) has over half the population test positive for the virus and has been begging for the army to send people to bring firewood and food to people's houses.

If I lived in a town called fucking bearskin lake, let me tell you, I would have two fucking years worth of dry firewood ready to go on the property, and enough food to last half a year. January is not the fucking time to start collecting firewood.

So, the federal government sends six men to help and the "chief" was on the radio today yapping about how disapointed he was, and that they're sick of being treated like second class citizens. They NEED forty men today! :shaking:
And that makes all us unlazy crackers raciest.:flipoff:

:shaking:

Fawking have similar here in CT. advertisements for the electric company, which is the only one you can use anyway, that end with "paid for by customers of the energy company via a charge on their bill". What kind of BS is that.

Then the same company, adds on extra fees to fund replacing their poles. Again, WTF, why am I paying for maintenance of your companies' property? That should be coming out of your budget/pocket :shaking:

Fawking have similar here in CT. advertisements for the electric company, which is the only one you can use anyway, that end with "paid for by customers of the energy company via a charge on their bill". What kind of BS is that.
Agree it's stupid for a company with a monopoly to waste money advertising, but, that's exactly what I want to hear.

"paid for by the taxpayers of XXXXXX"

If more mouthbreathers heard that then maybe they would think about "hey! why am I paying for something stupid and wasteful like that!"

Fucking gong show man. Made an appt for lab tests a month ago for 9:50 today.. why tf am I still waiting at 10:15?

And making me wear a mask the whole time

Top Back Refresh