What's new

Rosie the riveters awarded Congressional gold medal

Too lazy to read the article but did these ladies do anything beyond doing their jobs? Because if not that sounds like a participation trophy to me.
You sound as ignorant as fuck.

You mean the ladies who left their home lives to go work in the military industrial machine so our fathers would have the machinery that they need to fight a war?

Hey, look at those decorated vets! look at all those ribbons and metals. Why should he get any recognition for just doing his job as a soldier.

History like this is something you should’ve learned in school.

You mean the ladies who left their home lives to go work in the military industrial machine so our fathers would have the machinery that they need to fight a war?
They were paid you dumb twat. The money was why they left whatever they were doing before.

Hey, look at those decorated vets! look at all those ribbons and metals. Why should he get any recognition for just doing his job as a soldier.
They have participation trophy medals, "you did a good job" metals and "you did far more than anyone asked of you" medals. The congressional gold medal didn't used to be the thing they handed out to people who just did their jobs.

The same institutions who told us Lincoln and FDR were heroes? :laughing:

They were paid you dumb twat. The money was why they left whatever they were doing before.
Ummm..........
Pretty sure the majority were "housewives" that decided they wanted to help defeat the Evil Empire any way they could. They weren't looking to make a career out of it.

EDIT:
You DO realize that manufacturers stopped their ENTIRE normal production to concentrate on the "Effort", right? The War was "kind of a big deal"

They have participation trophy medals, "you did a good job" metals and "you did far more than anyone asked of you" medals. The congressional gold medal didn't used to be the thing they handed out to people who just did their jobs.

The same institutions who told us Lincoln and FDR were heroes? :laughing:
Hey ass wipe,
Soldiers are paid+ benefits.

They did it, because there were not enough men here to do the job.
They did it out of patriotism, something you know absolutely nothing about
They did it because men were fighting in a war.
And I bet they got paid less than a guy doing the same job.

Why are you so jealous of somebody getting recognition? Didn’t your mommy ever tell you she loved you?

Lincoln and FDR have nothing to do with it.

those women were harder asses than pretty much everyone here typing on the internet. fact

1713151501147.png

1.5 Hrs

I don't care who is on the tools, they were hustling
That generation gets credit for hard work.

There is a great documentary series on the war factory's out there

1713125244097.png

you know that is one bunch of hard of hearing Ladies right there

I can imagine how loud it was in the factories
rivets are loud, but add in sheet metal and it hurts my ears just thinking about it
You hit the nail on the head. Rivets are loud, sheet metal in loud, but then add in crawling INSIDE to buck those rivets, and it gets louder. I spent a couple days inside of this tin can bucking all of these rivets. Every one of those clecos is hearing damage... It wasn't a pleasant experience.

DSCF0519.JPG

You hit the nail on the head. Rivets are loud, sheet metal in loud, but then add in crawling INSIDE to buck those rivets, and it gets louder. I spent a couple days inside of this tin can bucking all of these rivets. Every one of those clecos is hearing damage... It wasn't a pleasant experience.

DSCF0519.JPG
but you have hearing protection
I am not sure they had anything other than cotton balls

Weiner:grinpimp:

Im just goofing
Your plane? Whats the story on that project?
My dad and I bought a wrecked Cessna 170B and rebuilt it. Flew it for a year or so then sold it the same day my son was born. I think dad only would have been more mad if I sold the kid.

It had a big engine (180hp) and was a Shitload of fun. I still miss it, but my current bird does everything this did and more.

Started here

1473_3.jpg

Ended here

IMG_0137.JPG

My dad and I bought a wrecked Cessna 170B and rebuilt it. Flew it for a year or so then sold it the same day my son was born. I think dad only would have been more mad if I sold the kid.

It had a big engine (180hp) and was a Shitload of fun. I still miss it, but my current bird does everything this did and more.

Started here

1473_3.jpg

Ended here

IMG_0137.JPG
I would own that :grinpimp:

You sound as ignorant as fuck.

Yes, they were pivotal in the propaganda shift to encourage women to remain in the workforce, shun home making, destroy fairly values and hand children over to the state

"Trad wife" is a literal insult these days among girls.

The over emphasis on this event as opposed to simply how major wartime efforts had always taken place is the fertilizer for subjugation by the state

Top Back Refresh