What's new

Rock Assault 8"(rear) axle seals?

makemeknowit

Kwisatz Haderach
Member Number
Loc
Memphis, TN
Friend bought a sammy buggy with RA 8" front and rear. Rear has started puking fluid from both axle seals. I assumed it would use any off the shelf Toyota seal. Thought these on trail queers site would be the ticket. Date of manufacture on his housings is unknown. I mention that because of the following under the specifications about the seals in the link. Note: This seal will not work on Rock Assault Toyota Rear Axles manufactured prior to November 23, 2015.

I emailed them today so I expect to hear from them this week but thought I'd throw this here in case anyone had info. Do pre '15 RA housings take a tg proprietary seal? I couldn't find anything on their sight. Dude is going to look for a serial number on the housing to determine date of manufacture. He smoked a trailer bearing on the way home from wheeling and dropped the buggy at a friends place and took the trailer on to his shop to fix it.

If you can pull the seals without destroying them the dimensions will be molded/printed on it somewhere. Once you have that number you don't need TG.

If it is pre Nov 15, these are what you want, regardless of sammy offset, or centered 3rd:
SKU
140325-1-KIT

Post Nov 2015 are the ones you linked above. Unfortunately there are no identifiers for date or serial #'s on those housings. However, the ones I posted above are OEM, so if your buddy pulls them out, and they are bigger than an OE seal at the parts house, then you need the new ones. The newer housing seals are the ones that are bigger than OEM. If you look at the part # on the ones I posted vs yours, you'll see the different number, and notice the disclaimer isn't there for these.

Top Back Refresh